Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Forum Connection

I've had a problem accessing the site for the past 24 hours. I think either the forum is blocking my access or my router is blocking the forum.

My solution, use Google Public DNS.

How to use google public DNS

Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and sharing center>Manage Network Connections

Right Click the internet connection you use. Click properties

11addt0.jpg

1. Click internet protocol version 4 tcp ipv4

2. click properties

3. click use following DNS server addresses

4. copy 8.8.8.8 into box one and 8.8.4.4 into box two

wir8t0.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've had a problem accessing the site for the past 24 hours. I think either the forum is blocking my access or my router is blocking the forum.

My solution, use Google Public DNS.

How to use google public DNS

Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and sharing center>Manage Network Connections

Right Click the internet connection you use. Click properties

11addt0.jpg

1. Click internet protocol version 4 tcp ipv4

2. click properties

3. click use following DNS server addresses

4. copy 8.8.8.8 into box one and 8.8.4.4 into box two

wir8t0.jpg

Nice.

Using Google's public DNS does not fix the issue for me. I couldn't log in at home at all this evening until I went through http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html . Going through anonymouse, I can access and log into the site, but it (for obvious reasons) runs a little slow.

So far it did the trick for me. The whole day today it was terrible, and when I was finally able to open this thread and change it, I haven't had a problem with it yet.

If you're using Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Advanced - Network > Settings

Is it auto-detect?

I found a solution that seems to be working...

First, I swapped over to Google's public DNS with out any noticeable change. So, if you try that and it doesn't work, try this:

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

Once there, log in as usual, which then moves you off their sight and logged in directly. After that, I'm good. No issues on the forum at all, so long as I log in through Anonymouse (or probably any service that hides your IP address).

I'm typing this from my phone. I've been unable to pull up the site for the past day and a half now.

Forum Admins are watching and giving them an idea of how widespread this is would be beneficial.

LOL, if so, send me a password verification so I don't require a dedicated computer to log on to TBN. Auto password retrieval and e-mail to Savage haven't resulted in my password being sent in scores of attempts over at least 7 months.

On Topic:

I've had this issue consistently for at least 6 months. If I go to TBN.com and receive the "page not found" message, I just google TBN forum index or TBN OM, and for some reason beyond my knowledge of the internet, I typically find a link that works. In the event I don't, it doesn't seem to bother me all that much, and is viewed by me as a sign from Alah I don't need to be playing on the internet. I don't recall ever not being able to access the site for more than half a day as a result of this problem however. I always thought this had more to do with the fact my computers are routed through an off-site server with a fort knox firewall. Didn't realize it was a TBN or common issue.

I would add, this was far more problematic for me back in Nov/Dec/Jan timeframe. It's become far less of an issue the past couple months, as it apparently has become an issue for others.

To clarify that. I typically still receive the "page not found" when attempting to access TNB.com. I very rarely receive the same message when attempting to access the forum directly through "truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/forum/21...forum/" or "truebluenation.com/forum/" for some reason. During the more problematic timeframe, all 3 were hit or miss, & missed together with much higher frequency.

The last 24 hours has seen me having extreme difficulty getting on the boards. First time it has been this bad for me. I assume the rest of you experienced the same thing?

It's been horrible for me lately. It's just now loading for me for the first time in like 24 hours.

Try doing what was suggested in page 2. This is most likely a problem between TBN servers and Brighthouse or just connections coming from Central FL, who knows

It's bad it's this widespread of a problem. I've been having this problem since the change to TBN and at first I thought I was the only one having this problem. When I asked about it, few if any had experienced it. So I guess the root of the problem is my connection. Ok I'm going to cut my phonelines now and will send my replies, sigs and threads to the board via bottle messages.

But then I need to figure out how to convert bottle messages to forum replies... hmm...