Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Forum Connection

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21620-why-can-i-only-connect-sometimes/

A few people have complained lately about the connection to the forum dropping. It generally manifests itself as a "page not found" or "unable to load" error, and goes away after refreshing a time or two, but can be persistent and happen repeatedly.

For me personally, this issues happens at home, but not in the office. It's annoying at most, and doesn't completely lock me out of the forum from home.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please post in the thread linked above. Forum Admins are watching and giving them an idea of how widespread this is would be beneficial.

Thanks.

Could one of you mod types sticky this for a few days?

I have been having trouble for weeks and it happens everywhere for me, home, work, phone - doesn't really seem to matter. Not only have I been experiencing the issues accessing the site, but something else began happening at the same time. Whenever the site does connect I get a large black bar across a 40% of the screen or more. The black bar will only appear for a split second, but it shows up on every single page I load on TBN.

45984841.th.jpg

in all honesty, the connection issues have reduced the frequency in which I check the boards so...that may be a negative or a positive depending on who you are.

Same issues, except at times it could take a random 15 minutes to get back onto the board. Sometimes it's a few refreshes like Captain mentioned.

Work and home. Same issues. Firefox and Chrome. Even tried IE.

A few small things I noticed, but sometimes my avatar for my profile, not my board avatar, won't load. That is also directly uploaded to the forums server.

Anyway, from what I gather, this is huge issue for some, and not a big deal for others. Which really makes no sense at all.

i wrote about this in another thread..i just found this thread after trying to connect about a half dozen times..been this way for weeks now..

Same here. I have even stop checking the forum because it's been realle frustrating trying to access it from my home computer. I use google crome. Have not had that issue from my iphone though

I have had similar issues.

However, my biggest frustration (unrelated, but no one has given me any advice as to how to fix this) is that, since the change, I haven't been able to chat. This is all I get when clicking on chat...

auawew.png

Let's see if any kind soul can help me in this neck of the forums...

I have had similar issues.

However, my biggest frustration (unrelated, but no one has given me any advice as to how to fix this) is that, since the change, I haven't been able to chat. This is all I get when clicking on chat...

auawew.png

Let's see if any kind soul can help me in this neck of the forums...

do you run an ad blocker?

Hmmm, I remember I couldnt connect here for a couple of days when we made the trade back in December, but I thought maybe it was because of high traffic. I use IE and havent had any problems getting on here since that trade. :bobafett: