Sign in to follow this  
I love my PTSD.

Game thread. Magic vs Brooklyn, March 25th, 2011

Turk seems to be gettin' over his injuries because lately that guy has been BALLIN" !!!

As for Arenas....(scratches head and looks down at the keyboard kind of with nothing to say).

GO MAGIC !!!

• Upvote 3

I'm very encouraged by the play of Turk & Anderson tonight, especially Turk because it seems to be a pattern, like he's getting healthy and getting his legs back under him on his shots.

Isn't it weird how Hedo & Jameer both seem to play better without the other..?

Dwight had a terrible night at the line, but even a "bad" night for Dwight is great because of his defensive presence, he neutralized Brook Lopez and the Nets didn't do much in the paint at all.

Our chances of catching Miami are slim, and ATL's chances of catching us are none, so as long as Jameer & J.J. are healthy a few games before the playoffs begin, Magic will be fine. Q would be nice too.

Jameer & Redick have to be healthy when it counts though. Because Gilbert Arenas & Chris Duhon are unreliable.... and I'm being polite.

We did fairly good against the leaderless Nets. My guest loved the Amway Center. She is a hockey fan and it was her first basketball game of any kind. Now she is also a basketball fan.

Where was TMF? And where are all the lolcats?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-nets-gamer-0326-20110325,0,4425302.story

"The Orlando Magic didn't need this.

Starting point guard Jameer Nelson suffered a left-knee injury Friday night, giving the team a dose of unwanted adversity with the playoffs looming about three weeks away. Magic-Nets Photos

Nelson's injury, which team officials labeled a sprain, cast a pall over the Magic's 95-85 win over the New Jersey Nets at Amway Center.

It's unclear whether Nelson's injury will force him to miss any games.

"I think it's too early to tell," coach Stan Van Gundy said. "We'll probably know more on Sunday when we practice."

Nelson suffered the injury when teammate Ryan Anderson drew a charge on Nets point guard Jordan Farmar with 2:30 remaining in the second quarter. Farmar fell to the ground, and Farmar's back collided into the left side of Nelson's knee.

Nelson fell to the ground and he clutched his knee. He played for the next 34 seconds before he left the court and spent the rest of the night in the locker room and trainer's room before he left the arena without speaking to reporters.

"He'll be all right," said the Magic's Chris Duhon. "[Farmar] landed on his leg awkwardly. Things didn't feel right in his knee, so he did the smart thing and sat out."

Gilbert Arenas and Duhon would occupy Nelson's point-guard spot if Nelson has to miss any action, but small forward Hedo Turkoglu almost certainly would handle the ball more often...."

gil had a night to remember if you were playing poker, 5 2's in the stat line. god help this team if nelson has to sit out. maybe we should go back to the make jj a pg idea. just kidding.

A typical Nelson thing: Play All-Star BBalll then get hurt. Damnit! I just hope he doesn't come back rusty; any time he misses any games I feel like he's gonna comeback and take forever to back into rhythm.