DuhonsEmptyLiquorBottle

Making The Video - Fouls, Flagrant Fouls, Calls and Non Calls

Similarly, in the last Boston-NY game, Carmelo elbowed Big Baby after grabbing and securing a rebound.

He did not get a foul call/technical/or suspension after the game. The clip should be on Youtube.

I would also add Carmelo elbowing Bass in the head by swinging his elbows (in the 3rd I think) in the exact same way that Dwight has been called for in the past would be good as well. I wouldn't bother with the J Rich call though, I would just focus on Amare hanging on Dwights arm for Dwights 6th foul and the elbow to Bass's head. I was hoping to run the audio from JVG over the whole video if that is possible.

Anyone know at what exact time the Melo Bass elbow happened?

I've collected a lot of examples form the game though, quite a few on players other than Dwight.

Heat celtics game last night Jermaine Oneal took the bump contact on Lebron and they called it a flagrant Foul... Lebron threw the ball at him and got a technical foul!!! It wasnt even a flagrant he just blocked the lane...

http://www.nba.com/games/20110410/BOSMIA/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021001194#

It was a flagrant because he threw his shoulder into Lebron and didn't make a play for the ball or try to draw a charge. It was essentially a football move.

• Upvote 1

Ok well again so when i throw my hands at someones shoulders to pull them down that is a flagrant. I was just saying that in comparisons to our task of trying to showcase "Obvious" Discrepancies this is one of them

More importantly, LeBron threw the ball at O'Neal and got a tech. Bynum "threw" the ball at Ibaka (I think) and earned a tech. So, it's an automatic tech for throwing the ball at anyone not named Dwight Howard.

How about the entire second quarter of this Heat/Sixers game? Most notably the play when Bosh pump faked at th elbow, got his man off his feet. Then proceeded to take a clear path to the basket, miss the dunk, and somehow get a foul called.

With those copies of game, someone can identify when and where the fouls are occurring, and a panel of us can judge its merits whether it should be included or not. Then, someone else can splice that section out onto a new video that will be comprised of other agreed-upon fouls. Doing it this way seems much more doable.

another method of describing fouls is that we film a series of fouls that eventually lead to technicals by Dwight. This could be even easier, because we can just find the games that Dwight got techs in and make a case, by showing the succession of (unfair/cheap) fouls that led to Dwight's technicals.

carpet cleaning

This is the playoffs right? I understand that Dwight is the most important person to the Magic. He is the engine that makes the team go. But if we do not win in the playoffs, the team will be going fishing. The hawks are killing us with their size. Their 2,3,and 4s are posting our guys up often and getting everybody else on their team very good shots. I say we move Hedo to cover Joe Johnson and move Brandon bass to cover Josh smith and Dwight howard over Horford, and Ryan Anderson over Collins since the hawks would never go to Collins. This gives us size and there is no way that Joe, Josh or Horford would be able to post up Hedo, Bass and Howard. We would have more punch off the bench. Richardson may give us more fire power off the bench not having to go against Joe as much. We could bring Richardson off the bench about the 4 minute mark and move Hedo to 3 spot. Give Brandon bass time to rest. Then Brandon comes in and give Ryan anderson time to rest. Dwight howard doesn't need any rest. I think this lineup gives us the best chance as it will shut out any post up advantages the Hawks has.

• Downvote 2