DuhonsEmptyLiquorBottle

Making The Video - Fouls, Flagrant Fouls, Calls and Non Calls

Can we focus on the topic please?

Has anyone downloaded the game today? First few hits that Lopez puts on Dwight are excellent examples, the Carter hit at the beginning of the 3 is also good. JVG pretty much provided a perfect narration for the entire project, we need to capture this stuff.

With 7mins left in the first quarter, there's a pretty hard foul on him. I've the file of the entire first half, but no idea on how cut it into a clip of the foul alone.

I remember the uproar in that series because of those calls. And looking at it again just reminds me that there had to be some sort of tampering with officials during that series. They made such bad calls and all of those calls they blow there whistle before any contact is even made, like they were looking for an opportunity to call something.

The NBA where coruption happens.

You can see DJ grabbing Dwight's arm and pulling it down on himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Q9qbNZ6TU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwtIe_TmyV8&feature=related

The announcers on ESPN yesterday were talking about and honestly, it seemed that they mostly agreed with SVG. Try to include this dialogue in this documentary, kind of like the way Maxamillion did to his Vince videos.

No video, but here's the stuff JVG said about this, in this link:

Earlier in the game, Jeff said, “I thought Stan’s comments were snarky and I was surprised by what I thought were unbecoming comments by Commissioner Stern. But I think the comments obscure the big fact. The big fact, to me, is is Dwight Howard being officiated correctly?”

And Jeff was well-prepared to make this argument: “Up until a couple of days ago there’s been 88 flagrant fouls called in the NBA this season drawn by 67 players. Dwight Howard is the most fouled player in the league and has had not one flagrant foul committed against him. Blake Griffin leads the league, he’s had eight called for him. Going back the last flagrant foul called against Dwight Howard was a year, 81 games, almost 3,000 minutes. I would suspect he’s been fouled a thousand times in those times. Are we to say that this guy who has been fouled the most has never had a flagrant foul called? A thousand fouls? If I was the NBA, I would forget about the comments and I would look to is there a point the Magic are making that’s correct.”

No video, but here's the stuff JVG said about this, in this link:

And Jeff was well-prepared to make this argument: “Up until a couple of days ago there’s been 88 flagrant fouls called in the NBA this season drawn by 67 players. Dwight Howard is the most fouled player in the league and has had not one flagrant foul committed against him. Blake Griffin leads the league, he’s had eight called for him. Going back the last flagrant foul called against Dwight Howard was a year, 81 games, almost 3,000 minutes. I would suspect he’s been fouled a thousand times in those times. Are we to say that this guy who has been fouled the most has never had a flagrant foul called? A thousand fouls? If I was the NBA, I would forget about the comments and I would look to is there a point the Magic are making that’s correct.”

JVG is dead on. When Stern addresses SVG's comments as he did, it only validates the personal criticism SVG offered in conjuction with his grievance.

Does anyone know of some software we can use to clip the PHX game? I really don't want to let this drop guys, Woj found it important enough to write a column, I would say it should be pretty important to us to raise awareness and not just let it die.

Does anyone know of some software we can use to clip the PHX game? I really don't want to let this drop guys, Woj found it important enough to write a column, I would say it should be pretty important to us to raise awareness and not just let it die.

I would strip the audio out and use that only while showing some flagrant fouls on Dwight.

Anyhow, you could use Microsoft Movie Maker, Avid FreeDV, or Wax to cut out video clips. All Free too.

As mentioned above, here's the link to the article:

My link

These are some damnable words:

When Stern goes to Orlando’s ownership group, he knows it’ll soon be wondering how much of an impact Van Gundy’s mouth will have on Howard and the Magic in the playoffs. Teams tremble over retribution from Stern and fear it in the form of officiating.

Big and small markets. Winning and losing franchises. Great and lousy general managers and coaches. Old and new owners. They all agree: Don’t push Stern too hard because there will be a price to pay. Better off bowing, kissing the ring and shuffling past him.

Anything goes in Stern’s NBA, except challenging the emperor. The league office never cares about criticism about most of its biggest stars, owners and coaches. In some cases, it’ll openly encourage it. Want to invite a call to your boss? That’s easy. Pull back the curtain on the commissioner.

• Upvote 1