Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Paul George: Shout out my Portuguese brother @Cristiano for these ass whoopings I'm handing out in the new FIFA 13 tonight ! Twitter

Pretty funny.

Can't wait to play FIFA 13, the Demo was pretty sick

You own the game as well?

PM me your user name and we may be able to play every now and then - PS3

You own the game as well?

PM me your user name and we may be able to play every now and then - PS3

I've been playing PES for many years but 2012 was the boiling point because the AI cheated too bad.

I will buy FIFA 13 (it comes out tomorrow in Portugal) but I'm not in Lisbon anymore, I moved to a city with very ****ty internet connection so it will be hard to play online.

You can add me on PS3 though, my brother's username (the one I use) is NGW_SCRATCH

We just sold James Rodriguez and João Moutinho to Monaco in a combined €70 million deal

That's insane. Porto is a money making machine!

I was hoping to see James on Manchester United or a good English team. Monaco is the new PSG and Man City so we'll see what else they do.

Any news on Jackson Martinez?

BTW, Barcelona will make official the Neymar acquisition tomorrow or Monday.

I still think Bale is the best player out there that doesn't play for a great team

So time for my once again random pimping of Orlando City SC. News keeps getting better and better.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/08/08/report-orlando-moves-one-step-closer-mls-reality-stadium-funding-pledge-gove

Report: Orlando moves one step closer to MLS reality with stadium funding pledge from government

Orlando may be one step closer to getting the soccer-specific stadium the city's team has been dreaming of.

According to a report on Thursday from the Orlando Sentinel, city and county officials have ironed out a deal to include funding in a soccer-specific stadium as part of a wide-ranging financial package to build and renovate multiple arts and sports venues in the area.

The government would reportedly pledge $20 million to the soccer stadium, with $30 million apparently coming from Orlando City SC, whose ownership has made the team's MLS ambition very clear. The article estimates the stadium would cost $85 million altogether, so it would appear there is still $35 million in funding left to be determined.

Still, for the details yet to be worked out, the deal struck on the $20 million pledge from the local government represents a significant step towards making a soccer-specifc facility – and perhaps an MLS franchise – in Orlando a reality in the near future.

Other reports are all over the web to, with the next being about how the tourist department has officially voiced their support for the plan as well.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-08-09/business/os-soccer-stadium-venues-announcement-20130809_1_tourism-panel-tourism-marketing-venues-deal

Tourism panel approves $94.5M soccer, venues deal

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs raised their arms in victory Friday after winning a key tourism board's support for a $94.5 million package that includes a new stadium for a Major League Soccer team.

"Teamwork makes the dream work," said Dyer, borrowing from a motivational book title. "Orlando nets a big goal."

The stadium is part of a larger package that includes using tourist taxes to complete the $503 million performing-arts center and renovate the Florida Citrus Bowl, and millions of dollars more for tourism marketing.

All in all this is awesome times to be a soccer fan in Central Florida. The USL playoffs are coming up soon and OC is guaranteed at least one home game and possibly throughout. Any soccer fan in the area should come out for one. It will be well worth it to hopefully see a future MLS team at work.

• Upvote 1

Approved baby! We got a stadium and we'll be getting an MLS team in 2016

With any luck if they can get the franchise fee squared away before the end of the year, and lets face it the MLS sent their President to campaign on our behalf, OC might actually be able to join in time for the 2015 season.

Either way who cares. Orlando is finally getting another major league team. Ooooo I can't wait till we play Vancouver. I still have friends from when I lived there who were talking so much smack about our "little league" team. Already looking forward to see City smack them down.