Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Dude, Berto, I love you, but come on. Most of the pics you'll find of her is on the field, when she's not even trying to pretty herself up, and she still looks hot.

Dude, Berto, I love you, but come on. Most of the pics you'll find of her ARE on the field, when she's not even trying to pretty herself up, and she still looks hot.

FTFY

River was relegated because of mismanagement by crooks, being constantly robbed by refs and poor player selection, with the cheap sells (Higuain, Falcao, just examples) and awful acquisitions (Fabbiani, drunk Ortega, Rosales, etc)

All big teams are really bad these Copa America, especially Brazil, horrible. Argentina won and will face Uruguay in quarters. Messi's play is not even 10% of what he is in Barca. Also, the worst part, the lack of left and right backs that are natural. Zanetti playing in the left side, Zabaleta in the right, those are not championship material. Dani Alves also sucking big time. Guess Puyol, Pique, Xavi and Iniesta are very underrated by the press.

Guess Puyol, Pique, Xavi and Iniesta are very underrated by the press.

I guess we don't read the same news paper or watch the same sports news because the players you mentioned get a lot of credit and it's been said since last year that Iniesta and Xavi make Messi the player he is.

glad Argentina and Brazil showed up. 5-2's pretty damn good (***** that blown offside call for what would've been one of the best goals of the game)

Argentina-Uruguay will be interesting

Will be a complicated game. Probably an anticipated Final.

So far the surprise has been the poor performance of the Giants. Messi finally appeared the last game, against a very weak Costa Rica. Aguero, Gago and Romero have been so far the best of the squad. It is not understandable what Gaby Milito is doing, starting for the national team, the 3 defensive mids (Banega/Cambiasso, Mascherano and Gago), and the lack of a tall striker undoubtedly hurts the possibilities of a team that tries to imitate Barca but is light years behind them. Also, Di Maria, my god, that guy has a freezer in his chest.

No heart at all.

Brazilians are too cocky, they have good attack, but not as good as they had in the past. Neymar and Pato can play, but they their offense is as uptempo and unpredictable as their defense and goalkeeper, who have been suspect all tournament. Even Julio Cesar (Ecuador) and Dani Alves (Paraguay) screwed up big time.

Colombia is one of the surprises, now they have a good generation going on, we all knew Falcao and Rodallega, but Guarin is showing some of the good things we have seen in Porto, as he is not very known in Argentina.

Paraguay should wake up, they are one of my candidates. Great attack, solid squad, good goalkeeper. I don't see Chile's bubble lasting this long, same for Peru, and Venezuela will be out next game.

Maicon outclasses Dani Alves any day of the week, and I'm also against the 3 defensive midfielder Argentina plays with (see some pages ago).

Uruguay isn't playing as well as they did in the world cup, but almost no one is. This brazillian squad is one of the worst they've had in the last 50 years, and they don't call up some players that would start for them. Maxwell and Hulk, for example

Argentina doesn't play Pastore..

I don't know, man. It's quite unpredictable right now.. Venezuela is a good surprise, but they won't go far.

I'm still trying to figure out why Dani Alves ever got to start. . . dude is such a bum

Can't wait for Argentina/Uruguay though.

I'm still trying to figure out why Dani Alves ever got to start. . . dude is such a bum

Can't wait for Argentina/Uruguay though.

Because he got swag

2011_06_2117_20_3322777danielalvescabelo.jpg