Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

I watched the whole game.. Colombia deserved to win, Moreno missed a clear opportunity. Falcao played well and Guarin was amazing.

Argentina's coach was dumb as ****, he still started the 3 defensive midfielders and then takes one out but puts Gago in! Lmfao

And their central defenders were terrible, Zanetti is a boss, though. Classy classy player

I watched the whole game.. Colombia deserved to win, Moreno missed a clear opportunity. Falcao played well and Guarin was amazing.

Argentina's coach was dumb as ****, he still started the 3 defensive midfielders and then takes one out but puts Gago in! Lmfao

And their central defenders were terrible, Zanetti is a boss, though. Classy classy player

Guarin was amazing last night. Talk about playing with balls the entire game!

Going to the Orlando City game tonight for my first match of the season. EXCITED!!!

Enjoy. I heard they are pretty good, but it's going to be complicated to make it to the MLS.

BTW, they play Newcastle United and Bolton in the upcoming weeks. Both team are from England and the tickets are not expensive.

Going to the Orlando City game tonight for my first match of the season. EXCITED!!!

Still haven't been. I need to get out and support them. Planning on going to the Newcastle match though.

The Orlando City game was a lot of fun, ended in a scoreless draw and had 4 players sent off from reds. The fun game to watch was this afternoon though. What a match between US and Brazil.

The Orlando City game was a lot of fun, ended in a scoreless draw and had 4 players sent off from reds. The fun game to watch was this afternoon though. What a match between US and Brazil.

How was the crowd?

How was the crowd?

Not great but weather kinda kept people away until later. Ended up announced at 4,500. They have apparently been hitting around 7,000 so far this year which is not bad at all for a minor league soccer team.

It looks bad however though, because of the Citrus Bowl, a stadium meant to hold 70,000 people. What would really help Orlando Cities case into the MLS is a nice Soccer Specific Stadium like they just built in Portland for there MLS bid. They can be very inexpensive (relatively) to build (Portland's stadium was only 31 million) and are great for what they do.

When the talk comes up about Orlando City to the MLS they hit all the key points: fan base and youth soccer in the area (OC is leading there league in attendance from what they say and also Florida has always had great youth soccer programs), Ownership (stable group of owners that include 2 English Club owners), and TV market (#19 in the nation).

The only negative so far is where the heck would they play. As is right now the Citrus bowl simply is not Viable, and Bright House Network Field is too narrow for a soccer field.

Not great but weather kinda kept people away until later. Ended up announced at 4,500. They have apparently been hitting around 7,000 so far this year which is not bad at all for a minor league soccer team.

It looks bad however though, because of the Citrus Bowl, a stadium meant to hold 70,000 people. What would really help Orlando Cities case into the MLS is a nice Soccer Specific Stadium like they just built in Portland for there MLS bid. They can be very inexpensive (relatively) to build (Portland's stadium was only 31 million) and are great for what they do.

When the talk comes up about Orlando City to the MLS they hit all the key points: fan base and youth soccer in the area (OC is leading there league in attendance from what they say and also Florida has always had great youth soccer programs), Ownership (stable group of owners that include 2 English Club owners), and TV market (#19 in the nation).

The only negative so far is where the heck would they play. As is right now the Citrus bowl simply is not Viable, and Bright House Network Field is too narrow for a soccer field.

I heard the need to average 10k+ in Tampa, Jacksonville and Orlando Florida can have an MLS team. Not sure why, when both cities are 2 hours apart from Orlando.

They even give out free tickets sometimes so more people attend the games.