Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

lmao, 4 defenders and 1 goalie just got owned by one dude. I imagine the NBA equivalent of this game would be trying to watch Bargs and Kevin Love guard each other. . .

lmao, 4 defenders and 1 goalie just got owned by one dude. I imagine the NBA equivalent of this game would be trying to watch Bargs and Kevin Love guard each other. . .

nobody wanted to step up and take the ball away

I wish we had Charlie Davies. Constant threat on the attack

It wasn't that. It was a central midfield that was slow (Jones and Bradley) that gave up way too much space combined with a the deadly loss of Cherundolo. I'm sure Johnny B is a nice guy, but he shouldn't be playing at the international level. The lack of depth at the back is scary. I think we missed Timmy Chandler. We only saw him for a brief run a few months ago but he seems to have the speed and confidence to play back there.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Mo Edu get a shot over Jones at some point too. We also missed Stu Holden. He has the creativity to play well against a quick side like Mexico.

Hope Colombia vs Argentina is a good show, Copa America has been quite poor so far.

I'm rooting for Colombia, not only it has players from FC Porto but Argentina can't seem to find a good system to play in and their players are ball hogs. They also make dumb selections like playing with 3 defensive midfielders (Cambiasso, Mascherano, Banega) and leaving Pastore on the bench, and not calling Otamendi who's way better than Burdisso.

Hope Colombia vs Argentina is a good show, Copa America has been quite poor so far.

I'm rooting for Colombia, not only it has players from FC Porto but Argentina can't seem to find a good system to play in and their players are ball hogs. They also make dumb selections like playing with 3 defensive midfielders (Cambiasso, Mascherano, Banega) and leaving Pastore on the bench, and not calling Otamendi who's way better than Burdisso.

I hope you had an opportunity to watch it. So far, this has been the best game of Copa America even though it ended 0-0.

Colombia played a terrific game and wasted so many opportunities to score. I was really surprised with the way we played today.

Sad for Messi though. He's my fav player, but he cannot seem to have a good game with Argentina. Argentina has really good players, but I think they're overrated and I agree, they cannot find a good system.