Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

They each have two goals...

As far as Dempsey goes I was referring prior to the Jamaica match (which is what we're basing Donovan off of, correct?). He had a horrible match against Guadeloupe and a less than stellar one against Panama. Jozy, don't get me started. Dude had a disappearing act against Panama that LeBron would've been proud of.

As far as Dempsey goes I was referring prior to the Jamaica match (which is what we're basing Donovan off of, correct?). He had a horrible match against Guadeloupe and a less than stellar one against Panama. Jozy, don't get me started. Dude had a disappearing act against Panama that LeBron would've been proud of.

Like the options at forward aside from Jozy are serviceable...

Like the options at forward aside from Jozy are serviceable...

I actually like what I've seen from Agudelo, especially in the Jamaica match.

Denilson had talent (like we say in Portugal) to give and sell, but when your mind doesn't work your feet won't also.

I just read a Colombian article talking about Porto and how much money they make off of selling players for 2 and 3 times the prize of what they bought them for. They talk about how Aly Cissokho was bought for 300,000 and sold for 15mil. Falcao for 5 mil and could be sold for 30mil. How they just made money out of your coach so he could be going to Chelsea.

They're the gods at acquiring new cheap talent. I wish we had management like that in the Orlando Magic.

Here is the article if you wish to use google translator

http://www.futbolred.com/otras-ligas/noticias/junio17ajunio24/porto-le-apuesta-a-lograr-ventas-multimillonarias-de-sus-figuras/9694704

How can anyone question Dempsey's play at this point? He is absolutely paramount for this team to play at their best.

The last two matches you're absolutely correct. It doesn't take an expert though to see that he played poorly against both Guadeloupe and Panama (first match).

I just read a Colombian article talking about Porto and how much money they make off of selling players for 2 and 3 times the prize of what they bought them for. They talk about how Aly Cissokho was bought for 300,000 and sold for 15mil. Falcao for 5 mil and could be sold for 30mil. How they just made money out of your coach so he could be going to Chelsea.

They're the gods at acquiring new cheap talent. I wish we had management like that in the Orlando Magic.

Here is the article if you wish to use google translator

http://www.futbolred.com/otras-ligas/noticias/junio17ajunio24/porto-le-apuesta-a-lograr-ventas-multimillonarias-de-sus-figuras/9694704

It's amazing, our president is like the best at business. He pulled Mourinho out of nowhere, who had been sacked from Benfica years before. Deco was released from Benfica, Maniche too, Varela released from Sporting, etc.

We have excellent scouts and trainers and a great team spirit that pulls the best out of every player. And the 15 million euros clause on Villas-Boas was just ace.

Our president is really the best, he's been here for 25+ years. Everyone loves him, he's like a god in the city of Porto.

Are those Mexican refs in the Mexico/Honduras match? If so, that's not cool. They haven't been bad, but still. Principle.

No, this is against the rules in FIFA international football matches. It would never happen. They were from Guatemala.

It's amazing, our president is like the best at business. He pulled Mourinho out of nowhere, who had been sacked from Benfica years before. Deco was released from Benfica, Maniche too, Varela released from Sporting, etc.

We have excellent scouts and trainers and a great team spirit that pulls the best out of every player. And the 15 million euros clause on Villas-Boas was just ace.

Our president is really the best, he's been here for 25+ years. Everyone loves him, he's like a god in the city of Porto.

Yes, a lot like Ajax in some respects. Porto compete in a league that brings in a small amount of revenue compared to Spain, England, Germany, Italy, so the only way they can compete in the European Cup is through signing young players, typically from South America and then selling them on for huge prices to the top teams once they have made a name for themselves and that's supplemented with signing the best Portugese talent out there due to Porto effectively being hands down richer than any of the other Portugese teams, so they can take their pick of players in that regard. Very well run club who consistently overachieve. Porto buy low sell high article

Really good piece of business getting over 13 million pounds for a coach. Especially one that had only been there for a year, unheard of in football! Chelsea have never had much sense though. That team is going to be in all kinds of trouble once the new financial rules come in at the end of next season.

Yeah, Roman is kinda crazy. He sacked Mourinho and now Ancelotti for absolutely no reason.. if he wants to win the Champions League he'll have to wait for Barça to slow down or something :D

But he made the right choice, AVB knows the club and is very very talented, and despite his age players in Porto used to see him as a father. Hulk said it multiple times and his game improved a lot with him, he used to be more of a ball hog.