Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Barcelona is putting on a show, and Man Utd only scored from an offside. Can't wait to see Barca vs Porto (even though we'll probably lose :D )

Manchester played great the first 10 minutes of the game, but after that Barca dominated and controlled the ball.

I'm only 29 and started watching soccer in the 1990 world cup. I have never ever seen a team to play so beautiful and amazing. A.C Milan in the 90's was an awesome team, but did not play this enjoyable style.

Best team ever IMO!

Yep, easily one of the greatest teams ever. My team, Arsenal, were the only ones to give them a run for their money and even then, Barca were still pretty comfortable. Their ball retention is ridiculous, their closing down and winning the ball back, even more so. Comparisons to Cruyffs Ajax and Di Stefano's Real Madrid wouldn't be too far off the mark. Will be interesting once Xavi and Iniesta are past it in a few years though.

In my almost 30 years, i´ve never seen a team play so well, with such style, so dominant, rounding 70-80% posession of the ball on every important game, extreme precision passing, beautiful goals. A right back that resembles more a right wing than a defender, the triangle in the middle between Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, the forward trio MVP (Messi-Villa-Pedro).

And to do that not just 1 game, or 1 tournament, but to have it as a style of play no matter where they play or against who, that is awesome.

Guardiola´s Barca, for me, best team ever.

I'm really enjoying watching some of the Euro games on ESPN now a days.

I'm a recent futbol fan (my universities college team calls it that, so I've gotten used to calling it that).

Anyways, started enjoying watching the USA team play while it was qualifying for the World Cup in 2010. Then watched Green Street Hooligans (probably not the best soccer movie, but I love it none the less). Then saw Donavon's extra time goal against Angola in the WC and I was absolutely sold.

Now I'm watching MLS, even though their all-stars got royally spanked against Man U, I think.

But we have the beginning stages of qualifying for the 2014 WC starting in like a week. This upcoming Sunday, USA vs Canada. I cannot wait.

• Upvote 1

I'm really enjoying watching some of the Euro games on ESPN now a days.

I'm a recent futbol fan (my universities college team calls it that, so I've gotten used to calling it that).

Anyways, started enjoying watching the USA team play while it was qualifying for the World Cup in 2010. Then watched Green Street Hooligans (probably not the best soccer movie, but I love it none the less). Then saw Donavon's extra time goal against Angola in the WC and I was absolutely sold.

Now I'm watching MLS, even though their all-stars got royally spanked against Man U, I think.

But we have the beginning stages of qualifying for the 2014 WC starting in like a week. This upcoming Sunday, USA vs Canada. I cannot wait.

Lol, dude, it's great that you're becoming a fan of "futbol" but Donovan scored against Algeria, not Angola. I'm part angolan so I found it funny :D

Lol, dude, it's great that you're becoming a fan of "futbol" but Donovan scored against Algeria, not Angola. I'm part angolan so I found it funny :D

Don't judge me. Haha it was like 4 am when I wrote that.

Anyone watching the USA v SPAIN???? Now on ESPN

I wanted to step on the pitch myself. It was only a friendly but for the sake of national pride, I thought we should have tried a little harder to avoid a shutout. We have the Gold Cup coming up to prepare for, but this performance made me sick.

I wanted to step on the pitch myself. It was only a friendly but for the sake of national pride, I thought we should have tried a little harder to avoid a shutout. We have the Gold Cup coming up to prepare for, but this performance made me sick.

Yea, I'm with you on this one. That was pretty disgusting. I understand not wanting to play players, rest em up, etc. But that was just pathetic.

Our defense was basically letting them walk all over the box and if they had even a half a yard opening, Howard was in trouble. They really showed that USA just really isn't even close to Spain and probably never will be. But after beating them a while back, then having some solid shows during the WC, I thought we would put up a better effort.