Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Real won the cup, great game! FC Porto advanced to the cup final after losing the first leg at home 0-2 we defeated Benfica 3-1 at their homecourt

For those who didn't get an opportunity to watch this amazing goal

http://youtu.be/3uxNYzgcNXY

Messi is the closest player to Maradona on the field. He still has to win a WC, but he's just simply brilliant!

BTW I hope Porto wins today with a couple of goals from Falcao!

For those who didn't get an opportunity to watch this amazing goal

http://youtu.be/3uxNYzgcNXY

Messi is the closest player to Maradona on the field. He still has to win a WC, but he's just simply brilliant!

BTW I hope Porto wins today with a couple of goals from Falcao!

A couple? He scored 4

He was very good, but not brilliant, in River.

Now he is just beasting. Anytime soon he will be in Real, Manchester or one of the Top 5 Euro teams.

A couple? He scored 4

He was very good, but not brilliant, in River.

Now he is just beasting. Anytime soon he will be in Real, Manchester or one of the Top 5 Euro teams.

I said Messi was brilliant and the closest player to Maradona. I never said Falcao was brilliant. Please read my post again.

Falcao was very good in River, but if I'm not mistaken Higuain was their star player even though he wasn't all that back then. Falcao did have some pretty amazing games in River and that's what got him in Porto. I hope Barcelona get a hold of this guy. They don't have any forward that can score with their head the way Falcao does it.

I said Messi was brilliant and the closest player to Maradona. I never said Falcao was brilliant. Please read my post again.

Falcao was very good in River, but if I'm not mistaken Higuain was their star player even though he wasn't all that back then. Falcao did have some pretty amazing games in River and that's what got him in Porto. I hope Barcelona get a hold of this guy. They don't have any forward that can score with their head the way Falcao does it.

I did not say that YOU SAID that he was brilliant in River. My answer to your post was just about your prediction of a double, and how he overachieved.

Actually, Falcao is the type of player perfectly suited for big leagues in Europe. He is not as good when he has a central back pursuing and kicking him all day long (like they did back in Argentina). That is why not every south american player thrives in Europe, even though the talent is what distinguish them from the rest.

For example, Palermo is a guy who thrives in a physical, contact game, and that is why he scored over 200 goals here. On the other hand, in Spain, he failed miserably, mostly because we are talking about a guy with ZERO ability with his feet, other than to shoot (lot of times, out of luck) and score.

And that is why, for example, Barca had so much trouble with Estudiantes in Dubai back in ´09. In Spain, they let them play, are not phyiscal with them, do not commit hard fouls (Pepe is the exception) and give them all the space they need. In Argentina, the spaces are all occupied, and the physical and tactical advantage was key in order for Estudiantes to be up 1-0 with a minute remaining in the game. In the meantime, they were kicking asses left and right in La Liga and Champions.