Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

The Official Soccer Thread

Well, this should be called the Official Football thread, but for you yanks to understand it, I'll leave it like this..

Feel free to post anything you want, goals, prospects, news, etc.

• Downvote 1

Any one else really looking forward to Barcelona Arsenal tomorrow? I fancy a footballing lesson being taught to Arsenal by the Spanish giants, however, I still have a little voice in the back of my head suggesting it could be a sneaky win for the Arsenal.

I have always watched Europian soccer ever since the days of Faustino "El Tino" Asprilla playing for Parma and Newcastle. I usually watch soccer from Italy, Spain and England. Over the past few years I have really become a fan of Barcelona though. That team plays beautiful soccer and I hope they win the Championship again as well as la copa del rey against Madrid and La Liga also.

The game tomorrow will be a tough one, even with Puyol out. I hope Barca can win 3-1.

• Downvote 1

Liverpool vs Man U

Letting Fernando Torres go to Chelsea was the best thing that happened to us.Luis Suarez is a beast!! All we need is a left back and a couple wingers and we'll be challenging for that title next year.

Liverpool made a fortune out of him while he wasn't at his best. He sucked in the WC and has sucked since. Suarez is indeed an amazing player.

I still don't know what was the reason behind Mascherano leaving to get benched at Barcelona. He knew he didn't have a chance to start.

• Downvote 1

Liverpool made a fortune out of him while he wasn't at his best. He sucked in the WC and has sucked since. Suarez is indeed an amazing player.

I still don't know what was the reason behind Mascherano leaving to get benched at Barcelona. He knew he didn't have a chance to start.

Masch refused to play and sign a new contract,he basically forced a transfer, kinda like what Fernando Torres did.His wife was behind the whole thing.I read recently that Barcelona is willing to sell masch to Juventus.

Thanks for the input guys.

First, I'd like to say that Liverpool were the big winners of the transfers this summer and winter break. Selling Torres, getting Suarez and Carroll and STILL profit was amazing and your purchase of Raul Meireles from my very own FC Porto for a few millions was very very good. He's playing better than Gerrard right now.

Watch out for Braga in the Europa League, they have a very powerful striker in Lima and creative midfielders in Hugo Viana and Mossoro.

Now, for the Barca game, they'll smash Arsenal once again. Puyol is out but I think that's a good thing. It'll give the chance for Abidal playing center-back where he performs the best. Barca's defensive line of Maxwell-Abidal-Pique-Alves is better, IMO, than Abidal-Puyol-Pique-Alves

--

FC Porto is almost guaranteed Portuguese champions and I hope we get through CSKA Moscow. James Rodriguez is starting to shine!!!

Thanks for the input guys.

First, I'd like to say that Liverpool were the big winners of the transfers this summer and winter break. Selling Torres, getting Suarez and Carroll and STILL profit was amazing and your purchase of Raul Meireles from my very own FC Porto for a few millions was very very good. He's playing better than Gerrard right now.

Watch out for Braga in the Europa League, they have a very powerful striker in Lima and creative midfielders in Hugo Viana and Mossoro.

Now, for the Barca game, they'll smash Arsenal once again. Puyol is out but I think that's a good thing. It'll give the chance for Abidal playing center-back where he performs the best. Barca's defensive line of Maxwell-Abidal-Pique-Alves is better, IMO, than Abidal-Puyol-Pique-Alves

--

FC Porto is almost guaranteed Portuguese champions and I hope we get through CSKA Moscow. James Rodriguez is starting to shine!!!

Yes Raul Meireles is beasting for us right now 5 goals in the past 8 games.When he first arrived at Liverpool Roy Hodgson didn't know how to utilize him.Now you see him make those amazing runs into the box.I watched the Portugal/Argentina friendly a couple weeks back and Raul was playing as a DM and was just nasty.He is just versatile and a class player.Now onto the Barcelona game, the 2nd yellow Van Persie got was a horrible decision Barcelona certainly deserved to win but the refereeing was horrible.Jeez doesn't this sound exactly like the magic, refs ruining the game?...lol

No problem, man. I agree that Arsenal got robbed but that Messi goal was pure class. And I was watching Liverpool-Wolves and nearly jumped off the sofa with that goal, Raul has some serious shot power. He scored an amazing goal for Portugal some months ago.. I'll try to find it

Agree on the Barcelona game. No need for a second yellow.

VCplusD12 since you're a Porto fan, any news on Falcao and James Rodriguez? I heard around Christmas that an English team wanted him and that James Rodriguez was going to be sold to Español because he wasn't playing at all.

James was a beast in Argentina and I can't understand why he hasn't been called for the national team yet. Our best forwards are Falcao, Rodallega and him, but they keep calling scrubs instead of James.