Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Official Playoff Seeding Discussion

Most probably we'll end at 4th spot and play Boston is second round, since Perkins is gone, I like our chances vs them. Hopefully Chicago beats Heat and we play them in ECF...

Right now, I'm not worried too much about other teams record or schedule.I'm way more concerned with our team consistency.

That said, last night we've lost an excellent opportunity.

Was surprised that Q didn´t get much playing time last night, but maybe SVG is testing Hedo´s longevity. We will need Hedo in the playoffs if we are to become serius contenders.

Hedo hasn´t been the same since his 17 assist performance. We need him as facilitator on the starting squad and I am now OK with Jameer attacking and scoring more in the starting squad. His Knicks showdown game proved to me that we need Nelson in that scoring/attacking mode.

Here's what I hope happens.

1st - Celtics

2nd - Bulls

3rd - Magic

4th - Heat

This probably won't happen but 76ers at 6th (pray it's not the Knicks - for better chances), we progress to 2nd round to face the Bulls and win in 6. Rematch of the ECF between us and the Celtics and we progress to the finals because of our dominance on the boards, Perkins no longer there to set moving off ball screens and defend Dwight the way he would.

Meet Spurs in the finals and win in 4 because Duncan gets tired from playing more than 7 minutes per game.

Ok fine I have no idea what would happen in the finals IF, and only IF we got that far. :unsure:

Jameer goes very agressive, Hedo is revitalised by the playoffs and actually starts to work with Dwight to get him the easy points he used to get him in 2009, Gilbert still not as good as he used to be but can start drawing fouls more often and make those mid range jumpshots, Bass learns to play better team defense, Jason does what he did in every playoff series he was in, JJ goes to playoff mode - increases his 3PT percentages like last year and does more drives and kickouts, Dwight continues to be Dwight.

:D

If all those points listed above happens, there's no question we could win that Championship thing we always talk about.

Celtics beat Pacers

Bulls beat 76ers

Heat beat Knicks

Magic beat Hawks

Celtics beat Magic

Bulls beat Heat

Celtics beat Bulls

Lakers beat Celtics

Phil Jackson is retiring and he only needs one more championship to get his fourth 3peat. You don't think the league will make sure he gets there?

I'd rather play the C's in the in the second then the Heat. The C's play more of our game with the half court, slower pace type of style. I also want to play them to kinda say F*** you for thinking they don't need Perkins anymore to beat us and pretty much counted us out.

I'd rather play the C's in the in the second then the Heat. The C's play more of our game with the half court, slower pace type of style. I also want to play them to kinda say F*** you for thinking they don't need Perkins anymore to beat us and pretty much counted us out.

It's not like they gave up perkins for nothing. They got a good player in jeff green and a decent player in kristic. Perkins was the anchor of their defense but the C's wouldn't have traded him unless there was something wrong with his injuries. They have to know something more about perkins than we do. Don't take it as an insult, look at it as an opportunity to beat them.

I am more worried about getting out of the first round than the second round. It is unrealistic to expect Dwight to play every minute of every game. We needed tough defenders, and especially a back up for Dwight.

• Upvote 1

I am more worried about getting out of the first round than the second round. It is unrealistic to expect Dwight to play every minute of every game. We needed tough defenders, and especially a back up for Dwight.

Don't be silly............

First round will be a BREEZE. And I'm not a homer or whatever one might call me, I just really think that no one below the 4th seed matches up with us.

Yes Dwight's minutes are a problem but I don't expect any changes to be made (ie: adding a big) since Otis likes this team apparently.

These are all pretty much pipe dreams. Anyone thinking we'll just coast to the ECF again is fooling themselves.

The current Magic lack any consistency, and just because they pull out dramatic comebacks every now and then doesn't change the fact that: (1) The Magic usually do not hustle in the first two quarters, almost always insuring they have to play catch-up after halftime, even against horrible teams; (2) The Magic won't be able to play catch-up basketball for an entire series and expect a winning outcome, especially when the threes stop falling (guaranteed to happen); (3) Other than Howard, the Magic's defense is awful, especially on the wings; (4) Van Gundy's decision-making is questionable at best, and likely worrisome; (5) The Magic lack dependable backups both at the center and point-guard positions; (6) There are still 19 games left in the season and Howard has 16 tech's already, so for every two additional technicals, Howard faces a one-game suspension in the playoffs (whether this actually happens and how it affects Howard's mentality are significant).

I wouldn't underestimate other teams in the east, both above and below our current seed. Statements like "they don't have Perkins, Magic win" are just silly. If you want to have realistic expectations, then expect a second-round exit this year, folks. Sad, but likely true. The Magic are just too inconsistent this year.

• Upvote 1