Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Movie Draft

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

That is Xenu's mistake.

Yes, Gump beat Shawshank and Pulp Fiction in an absolute travesty.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Thetan levels on the rise, I see.

Honestly, it was between you and Bert for third, but I seriously hate 10 Things I Hate About You

Really? A young JGL and Ledger. A hottie in Alex Mack (lol). Julie Stiles and her...something. That one guy that was in Harold and Kumar and some Apatow flicks who's name escapes me right now. Tears. Laughs. Romance. Passion. Bright colors. Horrible clothes. Come on!

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

To judge the other participants' picks, Lord Xenu gave every pick a point score from 1 to 10, with the best movie in each category getting 10 points, and the worst getting 1.

I then totalled the scores.

Here they are:

Captain Hi-Top - 64

Hibachi4thewin - 59

Kberto - 59

Jec - 54

TreyTime - 51

Rusty Shackleford - 50

Jareth Cutestory - 49

Osprey - 43

Steve Perry - 39

Manu Ginobili - 26

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

1. Mr. Shackleford (Kubrick heavy wins you the turkey)

2. Xenu (Solid list - Amadeus got you here)

3. Captain (I had you higher last time I checked this, but I hate Aliens)

there are a few of you that would be really close for the next spots.

So we are using these individual rankings to count as one judges rank?

I think it can be it's own little thing, but we use it to break a tie from the judges if needed.

I think it can be it's own little thing, but we use it to break a tie from the judges if needed.

Gotcha

1. Osprey

2. jec

3. Hibachi4theloss

3b. Hi-Top (for what it's worth)

3c. Jareth (for what it's worth)

These guys get my vote. I felt that a lot of people were picking old movies off the Top 100 to gain points with the judges, and not movies they genuinely enjoy. I felt like I was back at film school again.

1. Osprey

2. jec

3. Hibachi4theloss

3b. Hi-Top (for what it's worth)

These guys get my vote. I felt that a lot of people were picking old movies off the Top 100 to gain points with the judges, and not movies they genuinely enjoy. I felt like I was back at film school again.

I think you have to keep in mind that people are different ages and come from different backgrounds. I had a healthy selection of classics on my list, particularly from the 70's, but guess what, I was born in the 70's and those are some of my all time favorite films (The Shining is my favorite horror, but someone else picked it, so I went with number 2, The Exorcist). I picked my all time favorite comedy, a GREAT romance/action film that has never failed to make a girl bawl, etc. etc. I know, you were talking in general, not to me, but I just wanted to throw that out there. Older guys maybe give too much weight to the classics, younger guys maybe not enough, thus we have four judges and are judging ourselves.

I think you have to keep in mind that people are different ages and come from different backgrounds. I had a healthy selection of classics on my list, particularly from the 70's, but guess what, I was born in the 70's and those are some of my all time favorite films (The Shining is my favorite horror, but someone else picked it, so I went with number 2, The Exorcist). I picked my all time favorite comedy, a GREAT romance/action film that has never failed to make a girl bawl, etc. etc. I know, you were talking in general, not to me, but I just wanted to throw that out there. Older guys maybe give too much weight to the classics, younger guys maybe not enough, thus we have four judges and are judging ourselves.

Like Lawrence Taylor says, I didn't card or ask for a birth certificate. I assume most are <35 on the board, with a few exceptions of course.

Some of the lists just reminded of me being back at film school a bit. Bunch of 20-somethings only talking about Clark Gable movies and I was always like, "***** please". No disrespect to the classics, but I probably have about five movies made before 1970 that I genuinely enjoy watching, which I feel is actually a lot compared to most 23 year olds.