AddiFB

20 years and I finally made it!

That's awesome Addi, I'm really happy for you. We take a lot of things for granted because we live here but reading how you describe it is really cool.

Did you get a chance to see the car show at Old Town?

That was an absolutely fantastic read. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay!!

great story addi sounds like u had a great time in orlando!!!! i love orlando when i vist my dad would take me to magic games which i always had a blast !!! i went 2 fla last year but didn't get to go to a magic game!! so next time i go to orlando i hope to go to a magic game with my dad!! i know if i went into the orlando magic team store i'd come out sooooooooooo broke!!! (lol)

Wow. Excellent read.

I was born and raised here in Orlando, and aside from the 5ish years I lived up in the mountains of Western NC for college, I'm now back again. My relationship with this place is wierd. Very love-hate. When you grow up here you become attached to things and this city is always changing. For instance - both of favorite childhood experiences involving the Magic involved eating at a resturaunt named "Ronnie's" with my grandfather and then going to Magic games at the Orena. Now they are both gone, and it can be depressing to think about. But after reading about your journey here it was refreshing to hear how someone views Orlando for the first time and it really made me a bit more appreciative of some of the little things - some that are new and some that have stayed the same all these years.

The truth is there's alot to hate about Orlando, but there's also things to love and it's nice to get a reminder of those things that tend to slip past when you live here.

So thanks for the reminder :-)

Really great read. I went to the Amway Center for the first time for the Bobcats game, it's a really amazing place. Glad you had a good time, hopefully you wiill come back and enjoy more Magic games at our wonderful new arena.

:creaturedance:

This is deserving of an instant Hall of Fame Thread selection.

In my opinion, it is the best thread in the history of the board. It brings out the joy of the game, and I liked that you didn't dwell on the King loss.

Kudos

I say its Hall of Fame worthy also. The structure of the paragraphs in the order they came is perfect. The details of his descriptions bought me into reality. The emotions he felt is something all die hard fan would feel. No casual fan can't feel anything like that. Being put on hold from his desires increase the want...the need.

I nominate this thread for Hall of Fame.