Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Making The List: The Top 25 Orlando Magic Players of All Time: #8

It was the funniest sentence in this forum since my membership.

I don't know why, but it sounds really disturbing to me. If this one was the funniest, I can't even imagine the rest.

Anyway, I don't even want to spend one more reply on this diatribe that makes no sense at all. So long, sir.

I have the right to understand someone's comment as racist. If you still do not understand my point of view, I have nothing to say so.

As you say.

2r7oscw.jpg

It is good to see that you know Atatürk...

But it is not good to take his name into this forum this way...

It is cultural and traditional difference but I am too tired, I will not spend anymore energy to describe its reason.

And, to be honest, most of those to whom I have argued seem not to care about that.

I have the right to understand someone's comment as racist when he or she changed my words from my world into "YOUR world"(with big letters) and right under that message "fixed".

If you still do not understand my point of view, I have nothing to say so. But instead of spending your energy to defend that guy as his lawyer, you might have tried to understand what I have meant...

Before I get lamabasted for being racist, I just want to say that I am approaching this in as careful and understanding way as I can: In the english language there are some contextual differences from most other languages that make some written phrases appear to mean something other than what it actually means. In this case, referencing someone as 'in their own world' or 'in YOUR world' is not to mean that they are literally from a different place, it means that the person believes your opinion is 'out there' or 'random' or disconnected from rational thought.

Even if the guy talking to you was speaking literally about you being from another world he could very well be correct from his own assessment anyway, if you are in Turkey, it is clearly a different world than what he/she is experiencing. That observation is not racist. It would be racist if he believed that BECAUSE you are turkish you are disconnected from rational thought...but that was never said or insinuated. In fact, looking through the conversation the only racism I see is from you assuming race had anything to do with the discussion at hand.

So am I a racist?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dear moderator of this topic.

I think it's been enough time to decide for number 8th player of all time Orlando Magic Players.

Come on! Announce the player and then start votings for number 9th position!