Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

RASHARDS @ MAGIC

I didn't want to start a new thread, but here's an article from the Washington Post talking about Lewis and Arenas.

My link

Some quick quotes:

His image still covers banners hanging on light posts surrounding Amway Center, and his former coach credits him with helping the $480 million hoops cathedral the Orlando Magic calls home get built, so it was impossible for Rashard Lewis to return, less than two months after he was traded, without getting a little sentimental.

When he arrived, Lewis saw that Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy was still conducting practice, so he decided to come back later because "you know how Stan is when they're practicing. I didn't want Stan screaming at me."

Meanwhile, Gilbert Arenas, once the face of the Wizards franchise, will try to beat the team he represented for more than seven years for the second time in two weeks. Still grappling with a diminished reserve role in Orlando, Arenas said that he isn't as pumped for this contest as he was when the Wizards used to play his first team, the Golden State Warriors. "It's not like the old days," Arenas said, cracking a smile. "If I was calling my own plays, it'd be exciting."

Lewis still closely follows his former team, but Arenas said he usually just checks the box score to see how his close friend Nick Young fared, so that he could call or text him to talk trash or offer advice. Arenas said he hung out with Young when the Wizards arrived from Cleveland on Monday, joking, "He was my Valentine."

dropping in to say that Nick Young is one of my favorite players. Hope he has a good game, if and only if we win. GO MAGIC

I hope you're a family member.

No Nick Young tonight.

Tonight's going to be fun because Blatche will have a bigger role offensively meaning we're going to see an incredible amount of 21 contested footers (and I don't mean from Arenas). Should be a game where the Magic will be running a lot.

This should be one of those games where none of the starters play more than 30 minutes. Dominate early, play defense for 48 minutes, don't fall asleep in the 3rd quarter and second unit maintain/extend the lead. Magic win 111-89.

This should be one of those games where none of the starters play more than 30 minutes. Dominate early, play defense for 48 minutes, don't fall asleep in the 3rd quarter and second unit maintain/extend the lead. Magic win 111-89.

:panicworker: So much for that. Looks like Joe Crawford is the lead referee for tonight's game. We're screwed.