Sign in to follow this  
The Ryan Anderbads

Has SVG failed the Magic? OR Management? OR players?

OK, here goes. I'm going to try and post here without getting angry and rambling.

Who is most to blame for Orlando not winning a championship the last three years:

08-09 season: LA Lakers.

09-10 season: Boston Celtics

10-11 season: IT'S NOT OVER YET!!!!!!!!!

Oops, I got mad again.

What the hell kind of mentality is that?!

Oh the opposing player hit a shot he's TRYING to make to win a game, but Stan gets a pass for making a blatant dumb*** decision. Great logic!

Watch the shot again. If he can make that with a hand in his face, fading away, and 5 feet behind the 3-point arc, what else is there to do?The guy made a great shot and at a crucial time so there's not much else you could do.

Now, knowing Pietrus' basketball IQ and awareness probably explains why he didn't come off Pavlovic. However, if Pietrus did come off and double LeBron, you now have Pavlovic, who that season was a pretty good 3 pt shooter especially when compared to LBJ, for a wide open 3.

OK, here goes. I'm going to try and post here without getting angry and rambling.

Who is most to blame for Orlando not winning a championship the last three years:

08-09 season: LA Lakers.

09-10 season: Boston Celtics

10-11 season: IT'S NOT OVER YET!!!!!!!!!

Oops, I got mad again.

You forgot 2007-08 season-Detroit Pistons.

all those teams were taller, stronger, tougher. Had SVG changed anything? no. he started the season playing Rashard Lewis at PF again.

Ummmmm, Fisher is as clutch as you get! Do you even watch NBA games outside of Magic games? No, hindsight has **** to do with that situation. There was ABSOLUTLEY NO reason why Jameer should have been on the court, one. Two, you have your best perimeter defender sitting on the bench??? How is that justified?

Just stop.

And who do you think takes 95% of the closing shots in Lakers games? Don't you think it would be a good idea to key on him?

And hindsight has everything to do with your little rant. You're *****ing about what happened years ago and what we should have done. Sounds like hindsight to me

Watch the shot again. If he can make that with a hand in his face, fading away, and 5 feet behind the 3-point arc, what else is there to do?The guy made a great shot and at a crucial time so there's not much else you could do.

once again I am writing this, Jameer was out of shape, missed most of the season, he is not a good defender even when he is in shape, he is short. SVG leaving Lee and Alston, better defenders on the bench for the crucial defensive posession.

Jameer did not defend well, he let Fisher dribble the ball to the three point line and then did not even jump, just outstretched his arm as he is a 7 footer...

come on...

Now, knowing Pietrus' basketball IQ and awareness probably explains why he didn't come off Pavlovic. However, if Pietrus did come off and double LeBron, you now have Pavlovic, who that season was a pretty good 3 pt shooter especially when compared to LBJ, for a wide open 3.

I'm pretty aware of what happened. Answer this....as a Magic fan, who would you rather have taking the final shot of the game, Lebron or Sasha freakin Pavlovic???

And who do you think takes 95% of the closing shots in Lakers games? Don't you think it would be a good idea to key on him?

And hindsight has everything to do with your little rant. You're *****ing about what happened years ago and what we should have done. Sounds like hindsight to me

Are you retarded?

Why the hell was Jameer on the court? Tell me. Because I know when I was watching the game and saw him on the court I was screaming my head off. Your infatuation of Stan is pretty disturbing. He made a HORRIBLE coaching decision.....quit making excuses for him.

I'm pretty aware of what happened. Answer this....as a Magic fan, who would you rather have taking the final shot of the game, Lebron or Sasha freakin Pavlovic???

with one second remaining :)

once again I am writing this, Jameer was out of shape, missed most of the season, he is not a good defender even when he is in shape, he is short. SVG leaving Lee and Alston, better defenders on the bench for the crucial defensive posession.

Jameer did not defend well, he let Fisher dribble the ball to the three point line and then did not even jumped, just outstretched his arm as he is a 7 footer...

come on...

I agree 100% that Jameer should not have played much of a role, if any at all, during the Finals. It was rumored afterwards that Otis pushed SVG to play Nelson in the Finals, so I would take that into consideration.

The end of the game was a tough situation. I guess you could put it on SVG for putting Nelson in, or you could put it on Nelson for not being smart enough to get up in Fisher's face. To be honest, I don't know and I don't care because either way it already happened

Otis pushed SVG to play Nelson in the Finals, so I wouldn't blame SVG on him playing in the Finals.

Did Otis pushed SVG not to play Ariza? Ariza by the way was perfect for that damned "small" ball, great rebounder and defender...

Did Otis pushed SVG not to play Ariza? Ariza by the way was perfect for that damned "small" ball, great rebounder and defender...

The guy who played for the Lakers?

The guy who played for the Lakers?

no, the guy who was playing for the Orlando Magic and who was benched by SVG in the begining of 2007-08 season. He was playing only some garbage time and getting DNPs...

and next season that guy-Trevor Ariza was one of the reasons we got beat in Finals, he single handedly brought Lakers back in the game in Game 4, 3rd quarter...