Sign in to follow this  
Barkley's Golf Swing

Is it a requirement to be a masochist when rooting for the Magic?

I remember when we were 21-61 and had that 19 game losing streak. That's REAL pain, not a rough stretch in a season where we have a winning record and will contend in the playoffs.

Some of you need to take a freakin' chill pill. The winning has spoiled some people here, you'll look back on these days years from now and wish you could relive them. Trust me. You don't need to throw a fit after every loss.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I remember when we were 21-61 and had that 19 game losing streak. That's REAL pain, not a rough stretch in a season where we have a winning record and will contend in the playoffs.

Some of you need to take a freakin' chill pill. The winning has spoiled some people here, you'll look back on these days years from now and wish you could relive them. Trust me. You don't need to throw a fit after every loss.

Are you saying that Dwight will leave?

nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Are you saying that Dwight will leave?

I'm not talking about Dwight leaving. But there will be a day when the Magic are a bad team again unfortunatly, and people will miss what we have now. I know it's frustrating to be in a rut like this when the expectations are so high, but there's time and as long as we have the big fella down low we will have a chance to beat anyone. We just need some consistency from our scorers and the defense to improve. I'm expecting us to have a nice run after the All Star break to finish the season. We'll see what happens in the playoffs though.

Unfortunately, there are very few teams that can make a fan suffer as much as the Orlando Magic.

If what you are looking for is getting to that promised land (championship), not caring enough about countless (and objective-less) post-season appearances, like i do, then yes, it sucks.

It sucks having witnessed Nick bricks in G1. Best Bulls in ECF. Tayshaun's last second jump. Ray Allen as a Buck. Ray Allen as a Celt. Rejuvenated Pierce. Dwight's Bricks in G4. Derek Fisher over Jameer. Redick not asking for a timeout. T-Mac 3-1 "guarantee". Tim Hardaway ruining Penny's series.

I've been through all of this. I would change all that playoffs series (won and lost) for just 1 ring in a minute.

On the outside, I think Sacramento, Cleveland, Minnesota, Golden State, and some others are similarly haunted.

Simple answer: yes.

The Magic do this year after year after year. They're either horrible or good, but just. not. quite. good. enough.

At least when they're horrible, the inconsistency is "OMG THEY JUST WON!!" rather than "THEY LOST TO WHO??"

I blame the sunshine and beaches.

Waah...another year of making playoffs and havng a shot at the title...I HATE THAT!!!!

Go root for the Clippers..Wizards...Twolves..Rockets..Bobcats...Raptors if you want to whine and be a woman about it.