Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Official Game Thread: Heat vs Magic

Anybody want to make predictions about our rotation?

Against Miami, I see it going down like this.

Starting: The usual.

Redick subs in (if foul trouble isn't a concern). Slide J-Rich to the 3 and move Turk to the 4. Miami doesn't have a beefy frontline and I can see SVG trusting Turk on Bosh. Not saying I'd do it, but I can see it.

Then Ryan will take a seat. Ryan will sub it for Dwight in the 2nd with Arenas/Redick/Q/Malik on the floor. I think Stan brings Malik in for defensive purposes if he's healthy.

I know we all would like to see Clark. I know Clark has shown potential in limited minutes and SHOULD be getting an immediate spike in playing time. But for some reason, I don't see SVG going to him right off the bat.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I hope Pat Riley doesn't take over from Van Gundy tomorrow.

Any word on Redick's health?

Any word on Turk's back?

Any word on Arenas health?

Any word on Gundy giving Earl a f'in chance?

Any one else not want to see Duhon, Q.Richardson and Malik Allen play?

Some points to be made:

1. Turk guarding Bosh would be the massacre of all massacre's.

2. Duhon playing indicates that we've risen the white flag. It baffles me that some ESPN analysts thought he could cover "bigger guards" (including Wade) in the playoffs.

3. Ryan should get some good looks. If he shoots like he has been of late, we're in good shape.

4. Give it to Dwight. Every. Damn. Possession. Going away from Dwight is another indicator of raising the white flag, because in doing so, we're signaling to our opponents that we have better options than going to our superstar center against Joel Anthony.

1. Someone besides dwight needs to step up and have a big game.

2. JRICH needs to match or outproduce wade

3. Jameer needs 7+ assists

4. Hedo just needs to not play as bad as he has the last 5 games.

5. Force them to shoot jumpers.

6. Win

1. Someone besides dwight needs to step up and have a big game.

2. JRICH needs to match or outproduce wade

3. Jameer needs 7+ assists

4. Hedo just needs to not play as bad as he has the last 5 games.

5. Force them to shoot jumpers.

6. Win

3. He just needs to play agressive and attack the hope. We seem to kick the ball around after penitration a fair bit so his assists may not match his productivity. He just needs to consistently attack, make himself a threat.

4. If he is not healthy he needs to be rested. Hedo is only effective if he is 100%.

Some points to be made:

2. Duhon playing indicates that we've risen the white flag. It baffles me that some ESPN analysts thought he could cover "bigger guards" (including Wade) in the playoffs.

3. Ryan should get some good looks. If he shoots like he has been of late, we're in good shape.

4. Give it to Dwight. Every. Damn. Possession. Going away from Dwight is another indicator of raising the white flag, because in doing so, we're signaling to our opponents that we have better options than going to our superstar center against Joel Anthony.

4. And early in the shot clock as well! Instead of running that high post three man pick and roll/pop play all the time.

3. He is key to spreading the floor. If he can get Bosh way out on the perimeter then Dwight will have even more room to school Big Z, Joelene Anthony and Erica dampier.

2. I do not understand how he is in the league and earning above min. He is the worst signing by this club.

1. If Turk is 100% I do not know if Bosh would do that good against him, as long as Turk stays up on him. Bosh is weak as **** with a little pressure on him, As KD says "fake tough guy"

Some points to be made:

GDTB, man. GDTB. It's that simple.

Ok guys... I got this annoying coworker who likes to make fun of the Magic and laughs out lout when they lose. He is usually right in making predictions, a game here and there that he predicts the wrong winner... But today he asked me who will win the game tonight. I said it will be tough for us, we are so thin at the moment. We might lose and most likely will. He then quickly responded with "No. You'll win but lose to Boston on Sunday"

OMG my worthless 5 pennies have been shared!

PS. LeBron will score 39 on us tonight.

Ryan Anderson will start at power forward, replacing injured Brandon Bass.
Ultimately, Van Gundy decided it was best to start Anderson because Anderson would be the team's best bet to defend Chris Bosh.

Van Gundy and his assistants also considered putting rarely used forward Earl Clark into the starting lineup, but Clark missed Wednesday's practice because of a fever.

Clark participated in today's shootaround and should be available to play tonight.

In other Magic injury news, shooting guard J.J. Redick (sore left shoulder) will be available to play tonight.
Backup big man Malik Allen, who has a sprained MCL in his left knee, will try to play tonight, Van Gundy said.

http://www.orlandose...0,5083878.story

I posted this in another thread, but it involves tonight's game sooooo