Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

SVG: Magic Not Ready to Contend

Whether its run and gun, or half court, our problem has been DEFENSE. The percentages that Memphis shot in the 2nd and 3rd quarter should be the last straw. SVG should bench anyone not hustling on the defensive side. Simple as that.

Half the reason why lost against Memphis was Van Gundy's decision to double a 4pt (1st half) Randolph.

I wish Van Gundy would stop illustrating his anger every single time down the court. I think it is more detrimental to the team, than it is good. The players know when they stuffed up, they don't need the coach putting the extra pressure on them. Even Dwight said last year that Stan needed to get his attitude fixed for the good of the team. I would like him to just sit there and shut up, in Time outs and inbetween quarters he can let each player know what they need to improve on during the game.

* I have been a Gundy hater since the start. Just like BJ is a Jameer hater.

• Downvote 1

Half the reason why lost against Memphis was Van Gundy's decision to double a 4pt (1st half) Randolph.

Isn't that when the Magic were.. you know, at least ahead or tied in the game?

Besides, Randolph has been known to kill them anyway. Why not double?

Isn't that when the Magic were.. you know, at least ahead or tied in the game?

Besides, Randolph has been known to kill them anyway. Why not double?

I agree. Randolph is a double double machine. He's an offensive threat in the post and on the boards. I had no qualms with that at all.

Our defense leaves much to be desired. With Nelson and Arenas at the helm, we lack defensive pressure from the PG position. When they are both in the game, well, it isn't pretty. Defense stems from the point guard since the opposition's PG is running their offense. Imagine Derrick Rose against Nelson, ouch. Dwight can only do so much and currently we have a defensive scheme tailor made to push the ball handler inside to Dwight. When DH is out of the game or out of position, we are screwed. Think about it -- Nelson, J Rich, Hedo, Anderson, Redick, Arenas and company are not lock down defenders by any means.

Analysts are convinced that Otis is not finished with acquiring pieces to fit a championship caliber puzzle. With the trade deadline closing in, I'm sure he's looking for a defensive-minded swingman and a big. With that said, I like this team.

Like KITNO mentioned in some other thread (or perhaps this one), ZBo is a guy you DO double. Why? Because he's a terrible passer out of the post and his low IQ and poor passing makes it an effective game plan.