Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What more do you want from J. Nelson ? (commentary)

lol Ohh Marc. I can go on this subject all day, If I ever meet you in person, I'll be glad to expalin my side and everything but I feel we'd just end up going around and around on this subject on the fourms.

Soo for the time beign I'll just give you what you want to hear so badly and say your right. Right about everything Magic related.

ALL HAIL MOD MARC! :)

Please don't feel like you need to say something to make me happy, I just don't happen to agree with your opinion at all. If you don't care to discuss it any further then no one is holding a gun to your head.

I also believe I said that if you really believed your opinion was correct then discussing this was a waste of time, I know this because I said-

"I bolded that first part because if you honestly think 1 guy or 1 guys offense cost us either of those 2 games then yes this is a waste of time."

Oh and 1 more thing, do key possesions have the ability to erase and entire game of bad defense?

IMO Jameer costs us the game. IYO Defense and Rebounding costs us the game, which I already told you I though was horrible. I don't know if it was the b2b or them just playing with no heart on D. (nd yes it did play a big part)

I'm not going to even try and explain again why I fee the way I feel about Jammer if you cant grasp it the first time. Your obviously a big Meer suporter which I have no problem with. But I'm not going to waste my time trying to influence you my opinion when I know I'd be wasting both of our time.

The reason Dwight gets a pass is because he's actually a Leader. Thats what he does. He leads. For the most part he's consistent night in and night out.

I'd love for Jammer to be doing great. From what I seen, I think he's a good guy. Deep down I still think he can lead us to a Ship, but I ain't about to buy my ticket to the Finals anytime soon.

The game plan for sagging off of Kristic cost us the game. Dwight getting called for fouls cost us the game. Hedo/JRich/anyone else who attempted to guard durant cost us the game. We could really keep this up for every player.

In reality, blaming Jameer for this loss would be equivalent to blaming Hedo or Bass. All three players shot poorly but people cant expect everyone to have an amazing shooting night every game. It didn't hurt us in the long run as we scored 124 points. We can blame Nelson for that one ill advised shot in the 4th quarter but he does usually make those (see boston on x-mas). Durant and Westbrook got hot and we couldn't stop them. It happens.

lol Ohh Marc. I can go on this subject all day, If I ever meet you in person, I'll be glad to expalin my side and everything but I feel we'd just end up going around and around on this subject on the fourms.

Soo for the time beign I'll just give you what you want to hear so badly and say your right. Right about everything Magic related.

ALL HAIL MOD MARC! :)

you can spout unfounded opinions all day but it doesn't make you right.

For a minute I had a flashback to the old Nelson / Arroyo battles that were so intolerable a few years ago on this board. Same arguments, but all of them are in English this time and Arenas hasn 't established a fan base yet. .

Jameer is a dribble first point guard, who will never be the assist guy many of us want. I have often been astonished at how he can dribble throught the crowded paint and create. Of course, if he messes up it is collossal, and borders on pathetic to those watching. But when he gets it right it is pretty amazing. But I would rather see Howard passing out of the paint, instead of Jameer.

I think the pace of halfcourt play is usually too slow when Jameer is in his dribble first mode. Especially when he is dribbling around and no one is moving or setting screens to get anyone else open. Often it ends up with an ill-advised pass or shot. And when Jammer's shot is not falling he can't compensate by turning into an assist guy or shut-down defender.

I still have a bit of a grudge against Jameer for coming back as the starter for the Finals. We did fine without him getting there, and who knows how we would have done in the Finals if Rafer had started with Jameer as a backup. It seemed a little selfish of him back then, and I sense some of that in what is happening now.

All that said, Jameer is the best we have, and sometimes we will have to live with what he produces. But he better watch his back, because in Arenas we have a real contender for the position.

• Upvote 1

I still have a bit of a grudge against Jameer for coming back as the starter for the Finals. We did fine without him getting there, and who knows how we would have done in the Finals if Rafer had started with Jameer as a backup. It seemed a little selfish of him back then, and I sense some of that in what is happening now.

Not his decision.

I always thought it was "SUH-LAM"(slam).

It is. I've tried to relay this information to Cutestory but he cannot be reasoned with.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AMIRITE

It is not suh-lam in any universe that exists. The ol' man goes "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAN!!!" with the biggest poop eating grin you could possibly imagine all while shaking his pants around and high fiving people like it's 1992. I hate it.

It's like in the movie "A Christmas Story" when Ralphies lil bro is opening presents and he gets the Zephyr I think. He's like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOWWEE!!!" That's what I think of when I hear Paul Porter get excited.

• Upvote 1

I don't want Meer benched for Arenas. Last night, it was tough seeing him get lit up by RW. He had no chance. He also tried to do too much at times. I hope we can get JR more involved in the offense. I dream of CP3. Go Magic!