Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What more do you want from J. Nelson ? (commentary)

No. You really do. You're the leader of the bipolar chat club.

lol their's a difference between The Chatroom and Reality.

If someone messes up when I'm in that Chat I'll call em a scrub or say they suck or w/e but 90% of the time I don't mean it. It's jut Chatroom Chat. Obviously we don't suck. We just have areas that need major improvment.

Last Night was the first time I felt like Jameer was going to kill me. Litterally.

Oklahoma City 125, Orlando 124

A 2010-11 classic? I suppose. It really felt more like a game where two very good teams just couldn't help but make shot after shot, but in retrospect this contest was pretty solid throughout. And it really doesn't feel like a game that means a whole heck of a lot, partially because of the East/Midwest unfamiliarity between the teams (this wasn't a pairing that we're likely to take in this spring), but also because the Magic and especially the Thunder kept hitting crazy shot after crazy shot. The wind was blowing out, on Thursday night.

There were some tough, tough shots hit by Oklahoma City in this win. I'm not trying to tell you that this was a fluke win -- heck no, not with the way Kevin Durant(notes) and Russell Westbrook(notes) were playing -- but there were some absolute toughies knocked in by Westbrook (you almost felt for Jameer Nelson(notes), until he took that iffy three-pointer late in the fourth quarter) and his teammates. We're not even thinking about Jeff Green's(notes) lucky last-second bomb late in the game; I'm talking about contested shots throughout that the Thunder just shrugged off and tossed in.

The Magic could have had this, but that doesn't mean they blew this. Nelson had a rough night shooting, missing 8 of 12, but he didn't really take any bad shots save for his final miss, and most of those misses were an inch off. The team turned the ball over just five times, Dwight Howard(notes) made 17 of 20 free throws, and the group dropped nearly 135 points per 100 possessions. It played a fantastic game, and could have won, but the Thunder were just slightly better.

Jeff Green had to go and hit that three ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Behind-the-Box-Score-where-OKC-had-the-slight-e?urn=nba-307743

lol their's a difference between The Chatroom and Reality.

If someone messes up when I'm in that Chat I'll call em a scrub or say they suck or w/e but 90% of the time I don't mean it. It's jut Chatroom Chat. Obviously we don't suck. We just have areas that need major improvment.

Last Night was the first time I felt like Jameer was going to kill me. Litterally.

Dawg, I don't Know what you Be spittin' in my dIErection Yo. Best believe i seaa From all sides of dat Spectrum and will be gunnin' for my dude whens Needed. Meer be ballin' and He knows how to roll with dos punches from dat Peanut gallery called chAse and co peeps and shiiz. lulz we be ridin'.

just sayin'

Dawg, I don't Know what you Be spittin' in my dIErection Yo. Best believe i seaa From all sides of dat Spectrum and will be gunnin' for my dude whens Needed. Meer be ballin' and He knows how to roll with dos punches from dat Peanut gallery called chAse and co peeps and shiiz. lulz we be ridin'.

just sayin'

I tried using google translator for this type of language but it couldn't decript it.

He's also the reason why Dwight has gone more finesse and is not throwing down as many dunks as he used to. He does NOT want to hear another OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DWIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiHT HOW WORD

we as fans have to do something about this. . .

I always thought it was "SUH-LAM"(slam).

Nope. That was on the team. Theirs no excuse for the Defense of this team for the past 3 games. The rebounding has been down right awful.

This is why I put alot of the blame on Jameer:

If he's going to take on the title of Captin, then he better be prepared to show up, EVERY NIGHT. If he and Dwight say they lead this team, the show it not just through your words but through your gameplay. I'll be the first to admit I give Meer the hardest time out of anyone on this board because I expect more from him. We all have seen what he's capable of but for some reason, he comes off to me as lazy. Instead of pushing the ball with an up-tempo pace, he just walks it up like he's taking a Sunday afternoon hike. He shoots when he should pass and passes when he should shoot. So that wasn't Jameer setting JJ up for 3's off drive and kicks last night? I asked before but, do you honestly think offense had anything to do with last nights loss? Do you think he did a poor job passing in the NO game because people were not hitting shots? Is that his fault? Do other point guards have magical passes that make hitting shot a mathematical certainty?

I feel if he makes one 3 pt shot then he'll get cocky and thats when the chucking and wild plays begin. He plays an emotional game instead of a strong mental game. Back to stating one of my points eariler. If he and Dwight are "Leaders" of this team then show me a Leader and not a loser. Show me you can make open mid range jumpers. Show me you can defend your man and not be taken advantage of because of your height. Show me you can take care off the ball.If he can show me all of those things CONSISENTLY then I'll get off his nuts. But as a captin of the team, he better step up. The Captin always goes down with the Ship and I'm not about to balme D12 for acouple of missed FT's then an 38 point porformance. Please tell me if I'm reading this wrong but in order for Jameer to be a winner he must use his role as a team caption to will mid range jumpers into the basket? He is never allowed to have bad shooting nights because every other point guard in the league never has bad shooting nights? You do understand that no matter how consistant a player is they will still have bad shooting nights right? Have you gone to NBA.com and looked at Jameer's game log to see how often he shoots well vs poorly? What exactly did you want him to do against Westbrook? Pull a knife? They were running Westbrook off staggered screens, Jameer has the choice of going over or under the screens (again, plural) He was going over because Westbrook can shoot the 3 and was hitting, our horrible team D last night was not cutting off Westbrook off those screens, how many point guards do you think can run past 2 screens and get in front of their man? How many players can do that? Take advantage of his height? How many times were Paul and Westbrook able to post up Jameer? What exactly is he supposed to do on D when Westbrook is going beserk from mid-range? Crowd him so he can go to the line where he is shooting in the 80's? IT'S TEAM D, NO ONE LOCKS PERIMETER PLAYERS DOWN. Why does Dwight get a pass on your Captain theory? Because he scored a lot? Because he did his job on D? What if Dwight had an off night shooting would either of those losses have been his fault?

Till he figures out all those things, I purpose more PT for Gil so he can work on whatever is wrong with him.

So until he gets out of a 2 game shooting slump you want to play Gilbert more so he can figure out how to not throw ill advised passes, miss rotations, and learn shot selection? Please tell me you are some sort of cartoon character because I can't believe that what I am reading came from a person that is being serious.

So until he gets out of a 2 game shooting slump you want to play Gilbert more so he can figure out how to not throw ill advised passes, miss rotations, and learn shot selection? Please tell me you are some sort of cartoon character because I can't believe that what I am reading came from a person that is being serious.

IMO Jameer costs us the game. IYO Defense and Rebounding costs us the game, which I already told you I though was horrible. I don't know if it was the b2b or them just playing with no heart on D. (nd yes it did play a big part)

I'm not going to even try and explain again why I fee the way I feel about Jammer if you cant grasp it the first time. Your obviously a big Meer suporter which I have no problem with. But I'm not going to waste my time trying to influence you my opinion when I know I'd be wasting both of our time.

The reason Dwight gets a pass is because he's actually a Leader. Thats what he does. He leads. For the most part he's consistent night in and night out.

I'd love for Jammer to be doing great. From what I seen, I think he's a good guy. Deep down I still think he can lead us to a Ship, but I ain't about to buy my ticket to the Finals anytime soon.

IMO Jameer costs us the game.

You cant be serious.... sooo out of the whole game, and watching everything... this is your conclusion?

Silly Rabbit, Tricks Are For Kids.

I'm not calling for Jameer to be benched, but I'm calling for him to stop being so soft/lazy and get his butt in the PAINT!

Dribble. Drive. Kick. As opposed to jacking up a shot, spotting up and shooting, passing around the perimeter, or dribbling it in one spot into the ground.

Maybe he was around VC & Shard for too long, but he needs to man up a little, and get back to doing what he does best. I'm not even asking for free throws, THAT would be a miracle. Just break down the defense. Sometimes.