Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What more do you want from J. Nelson ? (commentary)

The Thunder shot something like 56% from the field, I think the main reason why people don't like to point out how the team was defensively is because they usually don't pay enough attention to that side of the ball (or rotations for that matter).

I would give you a plus 200 if I could for this comment.

Well there is one person. Tell me something, was Jameer responsible for team D, boxing out, the poor shooting nights from everyone not named Ryan, Dwight or Jason, and guarding Marcus Thornton in the NO game?? Was he responsible for the entire teams D and for guys like Jeff Green who were shooting 26% from 3 having great shooting nights in the OKC game?? Please explain that one to me.

Chase blames someone new every 10 seconds of a game.

Ugg. Another question for those of you that feel Jameer cost us the game last night, do you think shooting/offense was the issue last night? Is that why we lost? I ask because I think 123 points in a game should be ok as far as offense goes...123 FRIGGIN POINTS!!

Well there is one person. Tell me something, was Jameer responsible for team D, boxing out, the poor shooting nights from everyone not named Ryan, Dwight or Jason, and guarding Marcus Thornton in the NO game?? Was he responsible for the entire teams D and for guys like Jeff Green who were shooting 26% from 3 having great shooting nights in the OKC game?? Please explain that one to me.

Nope. That was on the team. Theirs no excuse for the Defense of this team for the past 3 games. The rebounding has been down right awful.

This is why I put alot of the blame on Jameer:

If he's going to take on the title of Captin, then he better be prepared to show up, EVERY NIGHT. If he and Dwight say they lead this team, the show it not just through your words but through your gameplay. I'll be the first to admit I give Meer the hardest time out of anyone on this board because I expect more from him. We all have seen what he's capable of but for some reason, he comes off to me as lazy. Instead of pushing the ball with an up-tempo pace, he just walks it up like he's taking a Sunday afternoon hike. He shoots when he should pass and passes when he should shoot.

I feel if he makes one 3 pt shot then he'll get cocky and thats when the chucking and wild plays begin. He plays an emotional game instead of a strong mental game. Back to stating one of my points eariler. If he and Dwight are "Leaders" of this team then show me a Leader and not a loser. Show me you can make open mid range jumpers. Show me you can defend your man and not be taken advantage of because of your height. Show me you can take care off the ball.If he can show me all of those things CONSISENTLY then I'll get off his nuts. But as a captin of the team, he better step up. The Captin always goes down with the Ship and I'm not about to balme D12 for acouple of missed FT's then an 38 point porformance.

Till he figures out all those things, I purpose more PT for Gil so he can work on whatever is wrong with him.

24qlr4j.png

I think Paul Porter is responsible for most of it. . . the Magic have been letting teams get wide open layups and dunks on the road just so that they can hear the other team's PA announcer say something cool and take their mind off of the awfulness that is Paul Porter when they're at home. I'm willing to bet that 87% of the games the team lost at home were because they got tired of scoring and hearing Paul Porter's crap.

He's also the reason why Dwight has gone more finesse and is not throwing down as many dunks as he used to. He does NOT want to hear another OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DWIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiHT HOW WORD

we as fans have to do something about this. . .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've seen nothing from Arenas that would suggest to me that he needs more playing time. NOTHING. Last night was the first game in a while where he didn't make me want to throw something at my television in frusteration. You can tell me over and over again how you don't think Jameer is good enough to win a championship. I'm telling you right now that a tandem of Arenas and Duhon is not good enough to win anything. Trading Jameer would be an unmitigated disaster.

Not if we trade for this guy!

dwqovn.jpg

Jameer wasn't horrible against NO aside from the hellish shooting but last night was clown shoes. JJ was on fire and you take a pull-up three with 10 seconds left on the shot clock in the middle of a run? And then you take a turn-around fadeaway the next possession later? SMH

My main concerns with the past 2 games have been our team rebounding and defense. We are expecting balls to fly into our hands like kberto does on a regular work day. Besides Dwight and Ryan, nobody seems to fight for boards. Actually, J-Rich does and he's a 6'6 wing. Come on..

We also badly need a legitimate defensive 4. Atleast a guy who focuses on defense. Or even just a guy with a nasty attitude ala Reggie Evans. I'd love to see a guy like him come off the bench for this team.

Not really. Mostly Meer. Ill throw Bass in there occasionally.

Chase blames Nelson because HE expects Nelson to play like Gary Payton.

noted.

Since I said that.

Not really. Mostly Meer. Ill throw Bass in there occasionally.

No. You really do. You're the leader of the bipolar chat club.