Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What more do you want from J. Nelson ? (commentary)

what can I say? I'm a Jameer guy. He's not perfect, he's not great but he's smart, he's got heart, he's skilled and he does fit here. The last two games though, I even said it, put the kid on a bus and send him back to Orlando, he needs some rest or something.

• Upvote 1

Making "fans" plural might be an error, I know of only one in this category...

Wonder who that guy was ??? (lol)

Anyway, before you guys start putting words in my mouth that I've never said here is my stance on Nelson.

I've always thought he was a very good player with excellent leadership skills....but as I started posting in February last season....I never thought he was good enough at the PG position for us to win a championship....especially with our past roster (pre-trade).

Now, that Otis has given our team an upgrade in the personnel department we certainly have a much better chance now.

With other ball-handlers now in tow it takes the pressure off of Nelson.

I still feel shaky with Gil but I thought last night the team was functioning better with him on the court (I was watching the second half with one eye shut because of a such a busy day).

When I checked the box score and saw "0" turnovers by Arenas name that was even more of an indicator for Gil to get more minutes....at least when he is showing to try and play more in control and not reckless.

And yeah, I wouldn't trade either Jameer or J.J. Redick right now but if I had to pick one it would be Nelson.

Throw Duhon back out there to play some "D" (at least that's what he was supposed to be able to do)....and let Turk or some of our other ball-handlers run the show.

Again, if I had to pick either Nelson or Redick....but I don't, lol.....at least not yet.

GO MAGIC !!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Orlando Magic fans have lost their patience with Jameer Nelson, it'd seem, in a baffling development. The Magic's seventh-year point guard and team co-captain is losing support from the fanbase after two subpar performances against the New Orleans Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder, road games Orlando lost by a combined four points.

If thats "SUBPAR" then god help us. I don't even want to see bad.

The guy costs us two games. No Excuses.

It's one thing to point out that Nelson had played bad the past 2 games. It's another to call for his head after 2 bad games.

If that's the case, so long Hedo, Brandon, half of JJ, Gilbert, and Malik Allen.

• Upvote 1

If thats "SUBPAR" then god help us. I don't even want to see bad.

The guy costs us two games. No Excuses.

Well there is one person. Tell me something, was Jameer responsible for team D, boxing out, the poor shooting nights from everyone not named Ryan, Dwight or Jason, and guarding Marcus Thornton in the NO game?? Was he responsible for the entire teams D and for guys like Jeff Green who were shooting 26% from 3 having great shooting nights in the OKC game?? Please explain that one to me.

Jameer's biggest strengths can sometimes be his biggest weaknesses. He takes hero shots and will continue to. The same hero shots that helped the team in the playoffs against Charlotte and even Boston (the two consecutive 3s he hit in game 4, OT game), the two 3s he hit against Boston this year, and etc.

I will say this: I would much rather have guys like Nelson and to a certain extent Hedo (as far as hero shots go) than a guy like Wince, who in the pressure of the game would beg not to have the ball and just hide in the corner.

At least the team has guys that are willing to take those shots (and really, not all of them were bad looks, just not the best timing/bad misses).

Jameer definitely did have two BAD shooting nights but against the Hornets he still managed to get 10 assists on a team's bad shooting night (which makes it even more impressive). Saying he cost the team that game isn't just stupid, it's Chase. . .

as far as last night, he wasn't the only guy missing shots and I'd say Hedo's defense was far worse than Jameer's.

but, in the words of gporter

gotta blame somebody

• Upvote 2

Jameer's biggest strengths can sometimes be his biggest weaknesses. He takes hero shots and will continue to. The same hero shots that helped the team in the playoffs against Charlotte and even Boston (the two consecutive 3s he hit in game 4, OT game), the two 3s he hit against Boston this year, and etc.

I will say this: I would much rather have guys like Nelson and to a certain extent Hedo (as far as hero shots go) than a guy like Wince, who in the pressure of the game would beg not to have the ball and just hide in the corner.

At least the team has guys that are willing to take those shots (and really, not all of them were bad looks, just not the best timing/bad misses).

Jameer definitely did have two BAD shooting nights but against the Hornets he still managed to get 10 assists on a team's bad shooting night (which makes it even more impressive). Saying he cost the team that game isn't just stupid, it's Chase. . .

as far as last night, he wasn't the only guy missing shots and I'd say Hedo's defense was far worse than Jameer's.

gotta blame somebody

We should blame Dwight. Had he made all of his free throws, we'd have won by 2.

I don't think that's any less ridiculous than blaming an entire loss on one person.

Truth is, Jameer probably should have saved those couple of shots in the 4th for J-Rich. I think he needs to see the ball alot more in the 4th. But like BMP, Meer usually makes those shots. And I'd take Meer and his 11% shooting over Wince 365 days a year. It's nice to know despite our team playing like crap, we can still only lose by a combined 3 points in a back to back on the road against 2 tough teams.

• Upvote 1

gotta blame somebody

Thats just it. After every single loss people think about what happened in the last 4 mins of the game and decide who is to blame for this one. Is it all short term memory with you guys? There were 3 and 3/4 quarters of the game besides those last few mins and things happened during the course of those mins that impacted the game as well. I mean why not blame Dwight and Hedo for not being able to stop Durant on that last floater he hit? If they had stopped him we would have won the game because Jason hit that last 3 right? Gotta be their fault! Have them beaten immediately.

When I checked the box score and saw "0" turnovers by Arenas name that was even more of an indicator for Gil to get more minutes....at least when he is showing to try and play more in control and not reckless.

I've seen nothing from Arenas that would suggest to me that he needs more playing time. NOTHING. Last night was the first game in a while where he didn't make me want to throw something at my television in frusteration. You can tell me over and over again how you don't think Jameer is good enough to win a championship. I'm telling you right now that a tandem of Arenas and Duhon is not good enough to win anything. Trading Jameer would be an unmitigated disaster.

The Thunder shot something like 56% from the field, I think the main reason why people don't like to point out how the team was defensively is because they usually don't pay enough attention to that side of the ball (or rotations for that matter).

• Upvote 2