Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What more do you want from J. Nelson ? (commentary)

Usually I'd chalk this up to a "What have you done for my lately" situation. Arenas is the fresh face. Nelson has a few stinkers. Makes sense. There's always going to be fans who want what's new.

But the fact that Nelson has thoroughly outplayed Arenas in every sort of way, and people are still clamoring for him to be given a chance to start, is really beyond me. I get frustrated with a few plays Meer makes here and there just as much as the next guy. I also get frustrated with Dwight at times too.

My point being, give it a rest for awhile. When Arenas makes a case that he should start, then let's discuss it. Until then, enough is enough. This is silly talk.

Marc, you ask too many questions. My head hurts.

I will defer to someone else like balljunkie, soul bro, or MagicLA to answer for me :lol:

But then ball junkie will defer to someone else, and it will be a never ending cycle. :(

I don't think he was trying to confuse you. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I will defer to someone else like balljunkie, soul bro, or MagicLA to answer for me :lol:

You must have some sort of take on those things because those are questions based on statements that you made in your previous post. How did you come to the conclusion that Gilbert led the comeback, that Gilbert would do no worse than Jameer if given his mins. You cited specific examples of things you saw in the 4th, you don't have an opinion on those things?

You must have some sort of take on those things because those are questions based on statements that you made in your previous post. How did you come to the conclusion that Gilbert led the comeback, that Gilbert would do no worse than Jameer if given his mins. You cited specific examples of things you saw in the 4th, you don't have an opinion on those things?

No, I did not say that he alone led the comeback, because Ryan Anderson's stellar play led to the comeback. But Arenas was in that second unit and played his role. He certainly did not hurt the Magic in the attempt for a comeback. Although he did not score points, his defense was decent.

I will defer to someone else like John Hollinger to write an article, soul bro, or MagicLA to answer for me :lol:

fixed.

Nagging injuries........

Jameer Nelson has shown his confidence in our previous win. When Nelson is taking it to the rim at will such as he did last night, thats when he's truly back into his grove. Considering how much Nelson has struggled during our road trip, I fully expect him to only go up. I can compare this to a relationship with female.

I'm convinced that unless Jameer is averaging 10 assists per game (which isn't something this offense is predicated on), some of you are never going to be satisfied. He's actually the perfect PG for this system, so it baffles me how much blame he gets here when he does pretty much what is asked of him. Does he stop pushing the ball from time to time? Yes. Does he take hero shots? Yes. Does he stop attacking from time to time? Yes. Are those any reasons to consistently blame losses on him, which appears to have become the norm in these parts? No, not at all. He has lapses just like every player in the league.

And for the love of god, if someone blames him defensively for someone Else's missed rotation or poor showing on a pick n roll, I might bludgeon someone to death with a hipster loafer.

This.