Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

2009 Draft

While discussing Earl Clark, I went back and looked at the 2009 NBA Draft. As many of you know, almost every "expert" said this would be one of the weakest draft classes in history. Taking a look back, already many guys have become their franchises top player, or have become a role player.

Stars (or stars in the making):

Griffin

Evans

Curry

Derozan

Jennings

Holiday

Above average role players or starters:

Harden

Flynn

T-Will

Hansbrough

Daye

Hill

Lawson

Collison

Casspi

Beaubois

Gibson

Douglas

Blair

Meeks

Thornton

Budinger

Henderson

Cunningham

Jerebko

Mills

Clark

Guys who have shown flashes/haven't reached potential just yet, but have shown they can stay in this league:

Thabeet (I think in the right situation he can become a serviceable backup)

James Johnson

Maynor

Teague

Young

Ellington

Eyenga

Guys who are overseas:

Rubio

Calathes

Claver

That's damn near the entire draft. I'd say it was pretty successful. Thoughts? Disagreements?

Um, I'd put Clark in the third tier. . . he's not a starter and hasn't really cracked a team's rotation yet, so while he has shown flashes of what he can do and seems to have a lot of potential, he's not a starter or above average role player (I'd consider above average role players the 6th man of the team and maybe 7th with deeper rosters).

I don't like to put Jennings as a star (or in the making) because he's too damn inneficient, not too sure about Derozan either. . .

• Upvote 1

Um, I'd put Clark in the third tier. . . he's not a starter and hasn't really cracked a team's rotation yet, so while he has shown flashes of what he can do and seems to have a lot of potential, he's not a starter or above average role player (I'd consider above average role players the 6th man of the team and maybe 7th with deeper rosters).

I don't like to put Jennings as a star (or in the making) because he's too damn inneficient, not too sure about Derozan either. . .

I flipped flopped Clark before I did this lol. I think the homer in me kicked in.

Jennings is the face of the Bucks though (you could argue Bogut is too, but I think when healthy Jennings gets more recognition.). Derozan is becoming the go to scorer for the raps, but and has really come into his own this year. Could be because Bargs was out, but he's seems to continue to put up big numbers. We'll see.

Yeah, I just don't like Jennings, so I'm biased. . . I think he'll end up being a starter and good role player but not the star the Bucks are trying to make out of him

I could be wrong but I'm such a beast at scouting young talent I just can't see myself being wrong. . . ever . . . ......................

Heeelp needed :) I didn't know where to post it, so i posted it here:

I really really need nba draft 2009 video. I need to see it again. 1st round is enough for me. If somebody has it or at least know where i could get it, please share :)

I've used this draft as ammo for the last year in my argument that saying a draft class is terrible (like they are this year) before the guys ever step on the court is retarded.