Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

The Top 25 Orlando Magic Players of All Time: #1

Vote-Dwight Howard

I think Shaq was a better player, but the fact Dwight didn't bail the first chance he got and won us an NBA Finals game gives him the nod. Shaq put this franchise on the map, but Dwight saved it from falling off the map and has brought us new glory years.

I'll go with a different nomination than the typical Grant/Armstrong talk and say Dennis Scott. Always liked what 3D brought to the table for us, best shooter in franchise history and was a big piece of our first contending team. Figured I'd at least thrown him into the mix.

I sat and really considered nominating 3D for a long while. I think after Darrell, Horace, and Skiles are done that's the next guy who's gonna come up. To me, Dennis Scott is a definite Top 10 all-time Magic player. Top 12 at worst.

I bet Rashard and Turk will be nominated around the same time, and I think that's going to be a big debate!

Oh, the good old days.

Watching Shaq was great, for as long as it lasted. In fact, his greatest accomplishment with us was breaking a couple of backboards. He jilted us quickly, with a dried up pond comment. I remember the great, but even more I remember the hate. A little like Cleveland hates LeBron.

That leaves my vote, Dwight.

And even if he does jilt us in the future we will probably understand. He built our new Amway Center, and kept us out of Oklahoma City. He will have given us a good run, and the problem will have been Otis and his choices, more than Dwight's choice.

My nomination is Skiles.

Again, it is because I was there in those days. He was the hardest working, smartest player on the team in those days, and maybe ever. He made other players better, and is the best assist guy ever on the Magic. And his numbers would have been better if his great passes wouldn't have bounced off the hands of the mediocre players he played with most of the time.

Armstrong had the most heart and hustle, and better team mates for most of the time. Truth is, there were many times when I was happy for Penny to go to the bench so either Skiles or Armstrong could take over point guard duties.

If playing time and accomplishments WITH the Magic didn't matter I would have voted for Brett Favre.

It is a joke voting for anything different than Dwight Howard at this point of time. His star play made us rose the last 5 years.

Vote: Dwight Howard

Nominee: Hedo Turkoglu (I am not kidding...)

It is a joke voting for anything different than Dwight Howard at this point of time. His star play made us rose the last 5 years.

Vote: Dwight Howard

Nominee: Hedo Turkoglu (I am not kidding...)

So, you're stating that is a joke to vote anything different than D12, but you've Hedo as your nomination?

Sorry but I'm laughing...

:shard:

• Downvote 1

When both Dwight and Shaq are just memories in this league Shaq I think will stand be considered a far better overall center all-time. But with

that said Howard has done so much more for this organization so for me its a no brainer

Vote- HOWARD

Nominate- SKILES

So, you're stating that is a joke to vote anything different than D12, but you've Hedo as your nomination?

Sorry but I'm laughing...

:shard:

Dont know what you are laughing at...

Hedo was a key to our Finals run. Armstrong and Skiles were not in any Finals Run, and Grant, Anderson and 3D were not as important as Hedo was in 08/09. That team was Shaq&Penny

Hedo MIP. Also Darrell. Not the others.

Hedo lots of game winners. Alleyoop to Dwight against Spurs. 3pt against Sixers. Jump vs Cavs before LeBron's. Kobe Block. G7 against Boston.

Strong candidate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

#1 all-time is Dwight Howard. The guy has put more heart and effort into this franchise than Shaq ever did, and is a dominant center at a time when that's almost illegal in the NBA.

Joke Nomination-Tree Rollins. (Because if a back-up center is important enough to even talk about trading Nelson for one, why not?)

Actual Nomination- Scott Skiles

I really hate to say it, because the guy quit on our team, but T-Mac was a monster player when he was on our team. Nomination is Dwight.

You need to go back and read the rules. Dwight isn't a legal nomination because he's already part of the voting choices.

I really hate to say it, because the guy quit on our team, but T-Mac was a monster player when he was on our team.

Yeah, I'd go with Tracy. I mean, as far as team success goes Howard is my primary choice but T-Mac was such a skilled player and scorer. Now you can't really compare centers with guards, but I'm still gonna say that Tracy is easily the best player that has played for the Magic.

Just so everyone knows, I'll be calculating results during/immediately after tonight's game, and posting a new thread after that. If you haven't voted yet and want to, PLEASE do it before then.

Also, as previously stated: If you didn't follow the stated voting rules, I WILL NOT count your vote.