All jokes aside...do you guys think Earl has the potential to be our next Hedo..if not better? Maybe 2-3 years?

Maybe Marvin Williams or a poor man's Jeff Green, but not Hedo. . .

this is what SVG said about Earl is yesterday's post game presser:

"I think Earl is going to be a really, REALLY(!!!) good player. I really do. I think that he's offensively very talented; he has great quickness; he can shoot the ball; he can put the ball on the floor. He is a very hard working guy; he's the first guy in here everyday; he comes in on every off day; every game he hasn't played in, if you go in the gym, afterwards, he's workingout after games (10 o'clock at night). Like I said before, his thing is just a learning thing. He really, really needs to learn more of what we're doing; he's working hard at that. When understands what we're doing team defense-wise, I think he can be an OUTSTANDING defender. He can really move his feet; he plays hard. I love what he brings to the table, I really do."

http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2011/01/07/010711HOUPRESSmov-1516159/index.html (4:48 mark)

Kinda surprised an organization would give up on a player this young, with that much potential. THANKS PHOENIX

Earl's post game interview is in that link too.

Guy's got potential. Good handle and good shot ... Odom-ish. Can he learn to pass, rebound and play defense? Hopefully. Man if he could body-up the KGs and Duncans, that'd be fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Guy's got potential. Good handle and good shot ... Odom-ish. Can he learn to pass, rebound and play defense? Hopefully. Man if he could body-up the KGs and Duncans, that'd be fantastic.

I think with more time and familiarity with his teammates, his passing and defense will be there. I don't see him bodying up Duncan, but I can see him defending Bron, Pierce, Bosh, and KG - type players. Man, i think we got a steal if we keep him.

Getting him early this season, i think he'll be important in playoffs, off the bench.

If we gave up our draft pick in order to get Earl, no brainer.

...as well as Bron

No I don't think he can guard him one on one. James is just too fast, and also because I don't believe anyone can really guard him with any consistency. We have to play good team defense on James.

But KG, I could see Earl playing against him if he can close out quickly and keep him out of the paint or force him baseline.