Sign in to follow this  
OllieWillie

Orlando attracts GOOD people

I've just watched the Suns introduce Vince, Gortat and MP and I have realized something. Those bloke had all just been traded away from a championship contending team and had nothing but good things to say about the Magic, the trade and the Suns..........Vince Carter is just a pro. Orlando just traded him away from his home and he was so positivity about it and about his new team. He even interrupted Marcin when he was asked a question or two about what he brings his team and just stood up for his mate..........

It made me very proud to be a Magic supporter to be honest and I thought I'd share.

http://www.nba.com/suns/video/2010/12/20/presserplayers101220wmv-1499999/index.html

Oh and those of you out there who love VC like I do, here is a great video of his time in Orlando

OK, I gotta say that video does make me wish things could have worked out with Vince. I thought when he came to Orlando he could still be a star in this league, and I think now in Phoenix he can succeed where in Orlando he couldn't. Phoenix won't ask too much of him on D, and I think Nash will do wonders for his numbers. He just never fit the system in Orlando. As much disappointment as I have had with his on-court game in Orlando, the guy was always a class act and I hope he does well in Phoenix.

Orlando doesn't always attract good people though. I'm looking at you JJ Reddick. I know what you did to that stripper when you were at Duke. What did Hans ever do to you! All he wanted was to dance!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

OK, I gotta say that video does make me wish things could have worked out with Vince. I thought when he came to Orlando he could still be a star in this league, and I think now in Phoenix he can succeed where in Orlando he couldn't. Phoenix won't ask too much of him on D, and I think Nash will do wonders for his numbers. He just never fit the system in Orlando. As much disappointment as I have had with his on-court game in Orlando, the guy was always a class act and I hope he does well in Phoenix.

Orlando doesn't always attract good people though. I'm looking at you JJ Reddick. I know what you did to that stripper when you were at Duke. What did Hans ever do to you! All he wanted was to dance!

Succeed in Phoenix? You mean with regular season numbers? That's hardly succeeding. . .

good riddance, Wincent

• Upvote 4

Good Video, very depressing though.......

Like everyone else on this board, I too wished that Vince would of came through for us when the chance was his to take. Once we traded for him, I had a lot of good thoughts run through my mind. The championship noise ringing loud, as I could see VC bringing one home.

Hind sight 20/20, told us a different story with different results. The Boston series was a huge indicator what what we didnt have. That was the moment where Vince could of changed everything. He could of changed the words that are spoken of him, he could change the perception that has defined him, he could of changed his own legacy and storyline of his NBA career. But when it mattered the most, Vince did what Vince does..... miss the moment. Vince should of listen to Eminem about holding on to that moment, never letting it go, because after all... you only get one shot.... like C.Lee's missed layup in the finals.

Its old news and know... we have traded him among other players.... still feel bad about it..

Only because I want people to succeed, specially when they wear Magic blue. While VC, Lewis,MP and Gortat had their moments, they never were able to complete the goal.

I will still root those guys on for their respective teams, except for when they play my boys.... then all bets are off the table.

Thank You Vince, it was great having you back home. It was great finally seeing you in a Magic jersey, tearing a team like the Bucks, apart. Thanks for the glimps of the past with your pick and roll, spin to the rim, drives..... and who can forget the 50ft 3pt shots (You do have some serious range).

Thanks VC.

Erik Barnett

I can only agree that we do attract good, very good people and I am on board with that with one exception, we need our good guys to be able to rip the spine out of our opponets, and don't give it back until the game is over and we are shaking hands!!

:angry: B) :P

It's funny how VC says and does all the right things but when he gets out on the court, he just A LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING BUM!

He fool'd me saying all those things when he came to Orlando. Poor Phoenix fans.

• Upvote 1

I can only agree that we do attract good, very good people and I am on board with that with one exception, we need our good guys to be able to rip the spine out of our opponets, and don't give it back until the game is over and we are shaking hands!!

:angry: B) :P

I like it. (words in bold)... new team slogan?

That had less to do with being "good people" and more to do with acting with a general level of professionalism.

"Maybe".....but it still applies as to what we need in conjunction with our "Good people"!

I saw the thread title and thought yeah, you watched the Dante(&Git) Show with Brandon Bass!

Talk about a serious sweetheart, I couldn't believe my ears.

He has a great life attitude. And he's a great player on the court, with hustle, energy, toughness; not cutting corners like the occasional max-contract rare bird.

In my book, Bass rulez bigtime :headbang: