Osprey

How long before we should expect this team to click?

How many games?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How long until we should expect the team to click?

• 5-10 games?
    • 11-15 games?
    • 15-20 games?
    • 20+ games?
    • This team will never jell, too many personnel problems

The most difficult thing to master will also be the most beneficial. Once Jameer and Gilbert learn to play on the same court (which I see no reason to believe can't happen), Orlando will be scary good. Two guys who can get into the defense and make plays, both of whom are solid mid-range guys as well, that is a recipe for success. They will be faster, tougher, and have better ball movement when those two guys learn their roles together. I think in a couple of weeks we will see a really good Orlando team that pushes the ball more on offense and put more pressure on the defensive perimeter. Also, 2 PG on the floor really helps Dwight, because they have to respect that kind of explosiveness. It's harder to collapse on Howard when you know the guys on the perimeter might not be where you left them once he passes back out. It also helps pick-and-rolls, because if the defense makes a quick jump at the ball-handler from another wing position (which teams do a lot), more speed and better passing means the perimeter players will find each other and get easy threes. And lastly, if we see a lot of minutes with Nelson, Arenas, and Turk on the floor Dwight will be up to 25 per before seasons end.

Give it a couple weeks and this is a top 3 or 4 team in the league again.

At the very least 10 and at the very most 20. Players need to know their roles, know what shots to take, get use to the passes their going to get, know the situational plays, and know the qualities of teammates. Not to mention...improvements Van Gundy wants.

Ditto to that. Stan is a good coach, and once everybody knows what to do and when to do it, this team CAN be better than last years' playoff team.

I think there are 2 levels of "click" for a team chasing a ring like we are........

The first is just a basic understanding of how each player plays and plays together. It's all about getting to know each other and where each other are on the floor. I'd expect that to take 5-10 games but going by the improvement from the Hawks game to the Mavs game, it could be sooner. I think we'll have clicked when we start beating the odd good team or start blowing out the odd **** one.

The second step is to go from a team that made moves that worked to being considered a contender again. When we start heading out west and knocking off a few contenders in their own back yards. This is the step we want to be and may not get too. I think this could take a month or two at the least.

One thing that I've seen already and makes me honestly believe this trade will make us considerably better than before is Turk and his relationship to Dwight. Turk passing the ball into the post for Dwight like he does is something Jameer could never do because of his height.

I’m convinced that this trade was a very good move and it’s just a matter of time.

PS Did anyone hear that the locker room after the Dallas game was all laughs and fun. Team chemistry is a huge part of the puzzle and that is a very good sign.

The most difficult thing to master will also be the most beneficial. Once Jameer and Gilbert learn to play on the same court (which I see no reason to believe can't happen), Orlando will be scary good. Two guys who can get into the defense and make plays, both of whom are solid mid-range guys as well, that is a recipe for success. They will be faster, tougher, and have better ball movement when those two guys learn their roles together. I think in a couple of weeks we will see a really good Orlando team that pushes the ball more on offense and put more pressure on the defensive perimeter. Also, 2 PG on the floor really helps Dwight, because they have to respect that kind of explosiveness. It's harder to collapse on Howard when you know the guys on the perimeter might not be where you left them once he passes back out. It also helps pick-and-rolls, because if the defense makes a quick jump at the ball-handler from another wing position (which teams do a lot), more speed and better passing means the perimeter players will find each other and get easy threes. And lastly, if we see a lot of minutes with Nelson, Arenas, and Turk on the floor Dwight will be up to 25 per before seasons end.

Give it a couple weeks and this is a top 3 or 4 team in the league again.

Hope you're right

• Upvote 1

Osprey is not a happy camper.....don't throw in the towel yet....I know there a lot of questions right now but you just never can predict the future.

Hahahahahahahhahahaha

Osprey is not a happy camper.....don't throw in the towel yet....I know there a lot of questions right now but you just never can predict the future.

Osprey is a smart guy and knows basketball. If he is worried, there is something to be worried about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If we can get a twelve game stretch where eight of the teams are below .500 then we can go on a run just like the Heat did.

So...the entire month of January?