Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

This Team is Better With.....

No one's blasting him, he's playing well. But let's be real. Gilbert clearly has shown a much higher talent level than Jameer in the past. Whether that's(to be specific) 25 & 7 or 21 & 11 and he has the height to see over a taller defender which leads to seeing the floor better which leads to higher assists.

Jameer is a very, very good point guard but he does not have the skills that Gilbert has shown in the past and we hope will do so again. If he does, Gilbert will be the new starter of the Magic. If he doesn't, he'll be a solid 6th man.

Really, please, drop the 21 & 11. I don't know how many times, nor different ways to say this, IT WAS TWO GAMES. TWO. Not a month, not a season, not even a playoff series. TWO GAMES. IT MEANS NOTHING. If Arenas has all these advantages over Nelson, then why ISN'T he averaging astronomical assist numbers? I mean, if Jameer can put up 7+ assists with two of the teams main offensive weapons (Carter and Lewis) shooting so poorly, clearly Arenas should have been averaging 12+. I mean, he has the height to see over taller defenders, which leads to seeing the floor better, which leads to higher assists. Right?

Look at shooting percentages, both fg and 3pt percentages, and look at total number of shots per game (all for last season for both players). Then get back to me.

If you want to come in here and share "insider info" with people, cool. Some might believe you, most probably will not. But don't start badly butchering and misquoting stats, then get pissy and call people stupid for pointing it out to you. You will lose and sense of credibility you are trying to earn, and this community will eat you up.

Just some friendly advice.

Badly butchering info? Let's be real here. I was clearly making a basic average point and wasn't that far off when I used the word "nearly"

I would really like to see someone eat me up, in person. I will be at the game tomorrow, in the Mercedes lounge, willing to meet anyone who would like to do so. Anyone for a beer before the game?

Badly butchering info? Let's be real here. I was clearly making a basic average point and wasn't that far off when I used the word "nearly"

I would really like to see someone eat me up, in person. I will be at the game tomorrow, in the Mercedes lounge, willing to meet anyone who would like to do so. Anyone for a beer before the game?

In comparing averages for assists per game, the difference from 8 to 10 is significant. Particularly when you are comparing him to someone averaging just over 7 currently.

Also, no one cares who you are or anything about you, so drop the tough guy act too. I gave you some good advice, it's up to you to let it filter past your ego and take it to heart, or carry on the way you are doing now, but that isn't going to get you very far, especially here.

Of course it's badly butchering info. . . you said that a guy past his prime is able to average 25/10 even though he has never done that in his entire career.

Also, no one cares who you are or anything about you, so drop the tough guy act too. I gave you some good advice, it's up to you to let it filter past your ego and take it to heart, or carry on the way you are doing now, but that isn't going to get you very far, especially here.

I bet you won't say that to his face. . .

Really, please, drop the 21 & 11. I don't know how many times, nor different ways to say this, IT WAS TWO GAMES. TWO. Not a month, not a season, not even a playoff series. TWO GAMES. IT MEANS NOTHING. If Arenas has all these advantages over Nelson, then why ISN'T he averaging astronomical assist numbers? I mean, if Jameer can put up 7+ assists with two of the teams main offensive weapons (Carter and Lewis) shooting so poorly, clearly Arenas should have been averaging 12+. I mean, he has the height to see over taller defenders, which leads to seeing the floor better, which leads to higher assists. Right?

Look at shooting percentages, both fg and 3pt percentages, and look at total number of shots per game (all for last season for both players). Then get back to me.

What was the 2 & 3 pt percentage of the players that Arenas had to work with? What would that assist number have been with decent shooters around him? Orlando for the most part has had decent percentage shooters which was to Jameers advantage.

Your point would make sense if you were talking apples to apples from a team stand point but your not. Gilbert was at a clear disadvantage from a support stand point.

As I said, Jameer is a good player but he is not at the caliber that Gilbert was. You can wish all you want however if Gilbert performs, Jameer is going to the bench.

• Downvote 1

LOL is this guy for real?

Listen, Gilbert is gonna be 6th man, at best, this year. Can he average those numbers you put up? Probably not. But he doesn't need to and he doesn't have to.

What was the 2 & 3 pt percentage of the players that Arenas had to work with? What would that assist number have been with decent shooters around him? Orlando for the most part has had decent percentage shooters which was to Jameers advantage.

Your point would make sense if you were talking apples to apples from a team stand point but your not. Gilbert was at a clear disadvantage from a support stand point.

As I said, Jameer is a good player but he is not at the caliber that Gilbert was. You can wish all you want however if Gilbert performs, Jameer is going to the bench.

Actually, the system Orlando has ran in the past few years almost guarantees that a player is not going to average a lot of assists because of the amount of times the ball gets swung around the perimeter and because the team doesn't really run fast breaks. Steve Nash wouldn't average 10 assists in Orlando.

LOL is this guy for real?

Listen, Gilbert is gonna be 6th man, at best, this year. Can he average those numbers you put up? Probably not. But he doesn't need to and he doesn't have to.

And he shouldn't. . . Gilbert isn't a very efficient player and to score 25 points he'd have to be jacking up around 20 shots a game, which would be detrimental to the team and Dwight Howard. I don't want the guy averaging 20 points a game, let alone 25.

Of course it's badly butchering info. . . you said that a guy past his prime is able to average 25/10 even though he has never done that in his entire career.

Okay, your right. For the month of December he averaged 25.2. pts, 7.6 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.4 stls on 42% shooting. It's not 25 & 10....you got me.

Last year, when Arenas was getting 7+ assists per game, Washington had a fg% of .449 and a 3pt% of .353. Arenas was below both of those, and can't pass to himself, so the average of guys he had available to pass to was actually higher on both counts.

This season, with Jameer getting 7+ assists per game, the Magic are hitting a fg% of .460 and a 3pt% of .350. Nelson is just slightly below (.456) on his fg%, but is above the team average from behind the arc, so the fg% would dip ever so slightly but the 3pt% would actually drop lower.

Any thing else you'd like to make up?

Okay, your right. For the month of December he averaged 25.2. pts, 7.6 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.4 stls on 42% shooting. It's not 25 & 10....you got me.

Dude 7 and 10 are a world apart. If Jameer averaged 10 assists this year, we definitley would have won most of those games we lost.

Jameer is averaging 14.9 points per game and 7.2 assists this season on 45.6% shooting. The difference? Jameer is taking 12.2 shots per game in a balanced attack, while Arenas was jacking them up at 20.9 during the time frame you keep going back to reference. Arenas will NOT average 20 shots per game on this team.