Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

This Team is Better With.....

hedo is surely a big plus as long as he and nelson do not go back to days of old and hog the ball in the 4th of close games. i think svg can get gil to become a real pg and not just a scorer. if he can do that and play defense then he will play. we have better shooters and he needs to get them the ball. his play like last night will make him a huge mistake. he wiil score some but he needs to do other things to help. i will have to see more of j-rich. he is not as big as i thought and defense is lacking. if he can't shoot better then jj should play more. jj is better passer, team defender, smater, and ball mover. a few wins should do wonders for this group going forward. time is now before it gets away.

i think svg can get gil to become a real pg and not just a scorer. if he can do that and play defense then he will play. we have better shooters and he needs to get them the ball. his play like last night will make him a huge mistake. he wiil score some but he needs to do other things to help.

Correct me if I am wrong, but essentially you are saying that if Stan can get Arenas to a completely different player than he has been in his entire career, then he can work out on this team?

I'm sorry but Otis did not bring Arenas here Primarily to be a Duhon....Dude is getting paid a lot of money....I'm not saying Arenas should start but he should be getting at least 30 minutes a game...i've never heard of a 20 million dollar 20-25 minute player....Maybe going forward when he learns how to play in this system his time on the court will go up...Hedo looks really good and i didn't think i would say that this early...He isn't shooting too well but there are things he is doing that hasn't been done or at least done that easy....His Post-entry passes are crisp and right on target so Dwight can get easy baskets...the more practice the better we will get....At this point there is nowhere to go but up and if we can use these pieces that we have now we can make a nice run

He was in foul trouble.

I really do believe Arenas will eventually start and Meer will come off the bench.

Would be SVG's biggest mistake.

Correct me if I am wrong, but essentially you are saying that if Stan can get Arenas to a completely different player than he has been in his entire career, then he can work out on this team?

I don't want him to be different. We need a guy who's willing to take over at times and you can't do that by being passive.

OK, Jameer is not a terrible defender. He is short, and not super fast; but he knows what he's doing. He doesn't make huge mistakes that cause open looks. Other than deciding not to guard Derrick Fisher on the break in that Finals game, he usually makes the right decisions on defense. I'm not saying he's a great defender, or even above average. All I'm saying is, he'll do. As a defender he's not really an asset; nor is he a liability. He's the basketball equivalent of a fat security guard.

He doesn't make huge mistakes that cause open looks.

Yeah, I don't remember Jason Kidd getting open shots at all.

borat_not.jpg

And there were so many times when players who he was guarding blew right past him for easy looks.

I love Jameer, but defend for god sakes. Dwight can only do so much. Yeesh.

Arenas was brought here to be the best bench player in the NBA. He will play both SG and PG as we have all seen. He will probably only start due to injury or severe slump to Jameer. I think that makes us incredibly versatile and good. Arenas will get 30 mins a game off the bench.

I think we brought Arenas here to be our Jamal Crawford/Jason Terry/the scorer off the bench , his gonna play big minutes but his not gonna start. His not a bad defender either and could prove useful against the smaller sgs such as Dwayne Wade.

I know the decision makers personally and I can tell you that everything is on the table. Arena's was averaging nearly 25 & 10 a year ago as the primary ball handler. That's top five point guard. Management knows it and so does Jameer.

Gilbert will need some time to learn the offense, the defense and the intricacies of each member of his team. They are going to give him time with Jameer and time to run the team as the primary ball handler where he is at his best.

If and when he begins to show his old form, you can be rest assured that he will become the new starter for the Orlando Magic and Jameer will be the back up. It may take a while but that it's there for the taking if he can produce like he has in the past.

Arena's was averaging nearly 25 & 10 a year ago as the primary ball handler.

No he didn't. . . and as stated countless times, Arenas starting over Jameer would be SVG's biggest mistake