Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

This Team is Better With.....

Ha, perhaps

Don't get me wrong. I love Rashard and what he did for us, especially getting us to the Finals in 08. And I was upset that we traded him.

But I kinda had to face the facts. His numbers were on the severe decline, and have been since last year. He just wasn't the same after his suspension.

However, Gil still hasn't proven to me yet that he provides more than Shard. I kind of would have liked to see Rashard and Hedo together, though.

I think Meer has earned the starting job. He's averaging a career-high in assists (7.1), and I actually think Gil would do just fine coming off the bench.

I agree, this is what people wanted for him to average a higher assist, well here it is!

Don't get me wrong. I love Rashard and what he did for us, especially getting us to the Finals in 08. And I was upset that we traded him.

But I kinda had to face the facts. His numbers were on the severe decline, and have been since last year. He just wasn't the same after his suspension.

However, Gil still hasn't proven to me yet that he provides more than Shard. I kind of would have liked to see Rashard and Hedo together, though.

yea I was telling my girl that, I think Rashard was missing a good playmaker like Hedo on the team

I would have loved to see them to back together again and maybe that would have brought a different Rashard out again :)

people keep saying he wasn't the same after the suspension..i see it a little differently, he was never the same with vc here and hedo gone..for all we know with hedo handling the ball and creating for shard like in 08 he might still have it..shard seemed to regress into a shell and defer to everyone else after we got vc..

Oh, totally agree. Maybe Hedo could have brought back the Lewis of old.

Shard didn't have a Hedo like guy in Seattle when he had the most productive years of his career. He came to the NBA right out of high school and has a lot of NBA wear and tear on his body for a guy who is only 31. I'm just wondering he doesn't have enough left in the tank. Maybe he finds something in Washington, but his play was getting frustrating here. Maybe we should've kept him, but we'll just see how Arenas pans out. So far he doesn't look like he fits in with this team at all, but hopefully that changes.

Hedo will take the pressure of jameer a bit, it will allow Jameer some more freedom too.

I love J-rich's Heart, husstle and energy.... even if he isnt making his shots atm...

It always takes longer for a PG to find there groove in a new team, I expect with some practices and a few more games Arenas will find his feet.....

Now time to try and get rid of Duhon.

I'm sorry but Otis did not bring Arenas here Primarily to be a Duhon....Dude is getting paid a lot of money....I'm not saying Arenas should start but he should be getting at least 30 minutes a game...i've never heard of a 20 million dollar 20-25 minute player....Maybe going forward when he learns how to play in this system his time on the court will go up...Hedo looks really good and i didn't think i would say that this early...He isn't shooting too well but there are things he is doing that hasn't been done or at least done that easy....His Post-entry passes are crisp and right on target so Dwight can get easy baskets...the more practice the better we will get....At this point there is nowhere to go but up and if we can use these pieces that we have now we can make a nice run

• Upvote 2

i agree, but he will have to defend, pass, and not turn it over to be able to start. as good as nelson is i just do not see the magic winning it all with him as the starter. i hope he proves me wrong.

Some of the shots Arenas jacked up early in the shot clock last night made me want to beat my head against the wall. I don't see him taking the starting job from Nelson if he keeps doing that.

Hedo is hitting Dwight like he needs to be hit, too. I was happy Otis didn't meet his price and let him go, but now that he's back I see what we've been missing.