Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Am I the only one?

Redick can veto any trade and he's also a BYC player. It's gonna be tough to move him, so I think he stays.

I don't think JJ goes anywhere for that reason and that he stills adds to our depth, which was our strength coming into this year. Also, the TPEs make it unnecessary to deal him for a backup for Dwight. $7M for a backup center who will play an average of 12 minutes a game is a little excessive

Let me guess why you don't like Hedo. You and your girlfriend came down to Orlando on vacation. You went with her on the shopping, you visited the parks, ate good food, ect. You took her to a Magic game and that was amazing too. After the game you two decided to go downtown for a little postgame cocktail action. After a few drinks you broke the seal, and had to use the restroom. When you came back you saw Hedo f***ing your girl on the dance floor. Does that sound about right?

Look, nobody is saying they looked like The Redeem Team out there. They shot poorly and they lost by double digits to a mediocre team. BUT there were some positives out there. One of which being the team played pretty good defense and that was the number one worry from everyone after the trades were made. If they had shot a decent percentage they would've run Atlanta out of the building. It's going to take a few games for everything to get worked out and when it does, there is a strong possibility that this team is better than the team we had three days ago.

Chill out Ball Junkie 2.0

Well that makes sense.

Players who have consistently been inefficient shooters who move to a new team and demonstrate in the first game that they're inefficient shooters just need time to gel to prove that they're inefficient shooters.

I don't know why I even bother.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 14

Well that makes sense.

Players who have consistently been inefficient shooters who move to a new team and demonstrate in the first game that they're inefficient shooters just need time to gel to prove that they're inefficient shooters.

I don't know why I even bother.

Jason Richardson

2010-11: .469 FG% (397 attempts) .414 3P% (152 attempts)

2009-10: .474 FG% (998 attempts) .393 3P% (400 attempts)

Career: .443 FG% .372 3P%

You're right, Richardson can't shoot at all.

Gilbert Arenas

2010-11: .387 FG% (341 attempts) .322 3P% (149 attempts)

2009-10: .411 FG% (616 attempts) .348 3P% (181 attempts)

Career: .424 FG% .356 3P%

Having a terrible year so far from the field, last year was an average shooter, always been an above average three point shooter. A bit of a chucker but I faith SVG will help him on that. Is he Richardson? No. Is he inefficient? No.

Hedo Turkoglu

2010-11: .437 FG% (197 attempts) .420 3P% (100 attempts)

2009-10: .409 FG% (674 attempts) .374 3P% (289 attempts)

Career: .427 FG% .385 3P%

Average shooter, well above average from three. Again, not what you would call inefficient. Not unless you just had an agenda against the guy (but you would never do something like that).

This wouldn't be fun unless we included Vince and Shard.

Vince Carter

2010-11: .470 FG% (266 attempts) .346 3P% (78 attempts)

2009-10: .428 FG% (1015 attempts) .367 3P% (324 attempts)

Career: .446 FG% .375 3P%

Basically he's Richardson, with Richardson shooting a little bit better over the last season and a half.

Rashard Lewis

2010-11: .419 (270 attempts) .367 3P% (120 attempts)

2009-10: .435 (805 attempts) .397 3P% (423 attempts)

Career: .455 FG% .391 3P%

Was once a great three point shooter. He's still above average, but very much on the decline.

So really, all five of these players are efficient shooters. We traded two and got three back (Well, and Peaches/Gortat). Why do you even bother? I don't know, maybe it's because you're full of ****. Yeah, that's probably it.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

35.6% from 3pt is below average

I'll admit I pulled that one out of my ass. I figured it was between average and above average. Kind of like saying our three new players are inefficient shooters, that would be something someone would pull out of their ass too.

I like that you respond to a post that is obviously about Arenas and Turkoglu, and include as much unrelated information as possible to prove....I don't know, actually. Outside of apparently having an agenda against me specifically, I don't really know what point you're trying to make.

That Turkoglu and Arenas aren't inefficient? That's been the knock on both of them their entire careers.

Even in their respective peaks, they were both knocked for their tendency to turn the ball over a lot and their penchants for taking long 2s and forcing 3s out of rhythm.

This is not news.

Also, when did I ever say anything about Vince and Shard being better? I've said repeatedly that the trades were a step sideways in the short term and a step backwards in the long term. Do I need to define what a step sideways is for you people?

I get that it's easier to just hit -1 repeatedly rather than, you know, actually think about the things that I'm saying and , but if nothing else, you oh we the courtesy of not putting strawman arguments in my mouth.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Al Horford: "They have the same kind of team. They're shooters. They're the same team but with different players."

Atlanta is getting way too cocky. They got swept by Magic in the playoffs and now they want to act like they actually play defense.

I think he meant it as a good thing mate.

Gilbert Arenas

2010-11: .387 FG% (341 attempts) .322 3P% (149 attempts)

2009-10: .411 FG% (616 attempts) .348 3P% (181 attempts)

Career: .424 FG% .356 3P%

Having a terrible year so far from the field, last year was an average shooter, always been an above average three point shooter

The league average right now is .362 from three. Gilbert, as you mentioned, shoots .356 from three for his career. So no, he is not an "above average three point shooter".