Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Am I the only one?

This is my impression & primary criticism of the deals along with the cap situation. Everybody involved in this process from Otiz to Shard have commented the lack of defense is what precipitated this mass inseason turnover. Yet, the deals themselves don't address defense at all. From my perspective, it appears Orlando has gone backwards, & made a complete transformation to Pheonix or Golden State w/Dwight.

This is what I've been saying since before the rumors even became true. I don't understand how getting worse defenders makes your defense better. Our problem has not really been one of scoring, but more of STOPPING the other guys from scoring. STOPPING the second chance points and the offensive rebounds and the extra possessions. STOPPING, not scoring. It doesn't matter if you can only score 80/game, just so long as you're only giving up 78/game.

• Downvote 2

This is what I've been saying since before the rumors even became true. I don't understand how getting worse defenders makes your defense better. Our problem has not really been one of scoring, but more of STOPPING the other guys from scoring. STOPPING the second chance points and the offensive rebounds and the extra possessions. STOPPING, not scoring. It doesn't matter if you can only score 80/game, just so long as you're only giving up 78/game.

I dunno, we are stinking at scoring as well as on D. I think they feed off of how well they play on offense when it comes to D but I really don't know how the new guys will react. I will say that no team no matter how great they are on D is going to be able to shut down a talented offensive team for the entire game, sooner or later they are going to have to score and the 89pts per game we have been averaging lately is not going to get it done.

J-Rich is no elite defender, but atleast can keep up with wings.

Arenas & Pietrus? Ok, we lose a decent defender in Pietrus, but Arenas will do a good enough job defending bigger 1's hopefully.

Gortat? Once we know who we get to backup Dwight we'll know how much we're missing from our backup 5 spot in terms of defense. Right now it looks awful.

I wonder if we'll have a Lue/Alston thing going on soon. We trade a 2nd or something for Battie and if we see it isn't working we trade Redick for some quality. I'd hate to lose Redick, especially not knowing if we'll be able to re-up J-Rich. And you can't undervalue Redick's IQ and toughness. But fact is our guard rotation is heavy now and if he can get quality minutes elsewhere and we could get what we need it'd be great for all parties involved.

Just a thought.

Redick can veto any trade and he's also a BYC player. It's gonna be tough to move him, so I think he stays.

I thought last night looked like a bunch of guys trying too hard to contribute. It's only natural, but 12 minutes without a field goal? With the scorers we have on our roster now, that is unacceptable whether they've played 1 game together or 100. Defensively, I didn't see much of a change. SVG's rotations are going to come under even more scrutiny, especially concerning JJ Redick. It'll take a while for cohesion to come along but I think we have great potential.

Oh, and Tony Battie is on our radar? I loved the Batman while he was here, but is that really the best we can do to back up D-12?

I think that the starting unit did a pretty decent job of staying with the Atl last night. In fact we did a much better job than the Heat did with an entire training camp under their belt when the season started.

The tell tale sign of our greatest improvements(based upon this trade) will come when the new guys to include Hedo know what is to be expected from them within our schemes. Gil also made it a point to say that "in Washington, we just played ball....here we are calling plays" so he to adjust to that.

I also think that when the offense improves...(as it will) so will the "D"!

Final thought, if Otis can hit a home run with a respectable backup big, that will solidify this trade session as a good one, and set the tone for the SHIP!!!! Malik will not due!!!

I suppose if you are the type who is impressed by 3 guys who combined for 6 for 23 shooting, then you'd have been impressed last night.

Let me guess why you don't like Hedo. You and your girlfriend came down to Orlando on vacation. You went with her on the shopping, you visited the parks, ate good food, ect. You took her to a Magic game and that was amazing too. After the game you two decided to go downtown for a little postgame cocktail action. After a few drinks you broke the seal, and had to use the restroom. When you came back you saw Hedo f***ing your girl on the dance floor. Does that sound about right?

Look, nobody is saying they looked like The Redeem Team out there. They shot poorly and they lost by double digits to a mediocre team. BUT there were some positives out there. One of which being the team played pretty good defense and that was the number one worry from everyone after the trades were made. If they had shot a decent percentage they would've run Atlanta out of the building. It's going to take a few games for everything to get worked out and when it does, there is a strong possibility that this team is better than the team we had three days ago.

Chill out Ball Junkie 2.0

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Let me guess why you don't like Hedo. You and your girlfriend came down to Orlando on vacation. You went with her on the shopping, you visited the parks, ate good food, ect. You took her to a Magic game and that was amazing too. After the game you two decided to go downtown for a little postgame cocktail action. After a few drinks you broke the seal, and had to use the restroom. When you came back you saw Hedo f***ing your girl on the dance floor. Does that sound about right?

Look, nobody is saying they looked like The Redeem Team out there. They shot poorly and they lost by double digits to a mediocre team. BUT there were some positives out there. One of which being the team played pretty good defense and that was the number one worry from everyone after the trades were made. If they had shot a decent percentage they would've run Atlanta out of the building. It's going to take a few games for everything to get worked out and when it does, there is a strong possibility that this team is better than the team we had three days ago.

Chill out Ball Junkie 2.0

horrible post, take it back man

Out of all the people on the forum that SHOULD be funny, I can't undertand why you constantly fall short.

Was more me venting than trying to be funny, but yeah there was too much setup before the punch. Also, constantly?