Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

I was thinking about this too and you know what he got exactly what he deserved. This was his big chance to shed the label of being Wince. He could have really helped this team. He could have changed the perception that he is just a stats guy that dissapeared when the games really mattered, instead he has succeeded in cementing that. Now he can go to Phoenix where they will hook him up to the fountain of youth juice that they have Nash and Hill on and he can have 10 more years of putting up numbers and going no where.

Yeah he blew it. Big words when he came in "Now Dwight really will become the superstar he can be" or something like that. Few months later... Chuck. Chuck. Airball. Chuck. Layup.Turnover. Chuck. Airball. Wince. Suits. Suits. Suits. Chuck. Layup. Turnover. Layup. Chuck. Chuck. Dunk!!!!!!!! Youtube!!!!!!! Chuck. Chuck. Chuck. Layup. Turnover. Wince. Wince Harder. Suits. Suits. Suits. Suits. Suits. Chuck. Airball. Layup. Layup. 48 POINT GAME!!!!!

Ok I'm just fooling around. He did "his best" but his best now isn't great anymore. Plus, "Wince" is just his mentality. He had his BIG chance with his home team, where he wanted to play and didn't deliver like I'm quite sure he can. I won't put the blame entirely on him. Part of it is just not fitting into the SVG system.

Don't forget about the counter to that move, dribbling the air out of the ball before launching a step back, fall away to the side 3 off 1 leg. But hey, he was mister 4th quarter, I don't know how we ever won without him taking a bunch of those shots and hitting a bad percentage of them. I guess everyone needed a reminder of what that looked like so here we go again.

We have seriously missed having a mister 4th quarter on this team. His play frustrated me too, but I do remember him coming through at crunch time. Let the good times roll. (The Cars).

Starting lineup announced:

The Orlando Magic’s starting lineup Monday night against the Atlanta Hawks – and likely for the foreseeable future – will feature something old (Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Brandon Bass), something new (Jason Richardson) and a player familiar wearing Magic blue (Hedo Turkoglu).

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_lineup_122010.html

We have seriously missed having a mister 4th quarter on this team. His play frustrated me too, but I do remember him coming through at crunch time. Let the good times roll. (The Cars).

Oh I'm not talking about the regular season, I'm talking about the playoffs specifically the Boston series. That was his shot.

Addi the thing is Vince's best is numbers that don't translate into winning the important games. He dissapears. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's his mentality, that is who he is, he will never change. He talks and doesn't back it up when you need him most, it's all fluff. I wouldn't put the blame squarely on him for us losing the Boston series, Shard didn't pull his weight either but Vince was brought in for 1 purpose and while he did that in meaningless games he buckled in the pressure ones.

Hmm, is Gilbert going to play the Jamal Crawford role here?

This would be worth the price of admission within itself!

Hedo finding himself again, along with an aggressive J Richardson and ............"I like this team"!!!

I want to see a healthy Ryan Anderson to stretch the florr, he can also get to the rim!!

We need a serious Back up Big......NOW!!!! :bigparty:

Oh I'm not talking about the regular season, I'm talking about the playoffs specifically the Boston series. That was his shot.

Addi the thing is Vince's best is numbers that don't translate into winning the important games. He dissapears. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's his mentality, that is who he is, he will never change. He talks and doesn't back it up when you need him most, it's all fluff. I wouldn't put the blame squarely on him for us losing the Boston series, Shard didn't pull his weight either but Vince was brought in for 1 purpose and while he did that in meaningless games he buckled in the pressure ones.

Pretty much it. I thought he'd disprove the negative comments about his past, about disappearing, about "Wince", about putting up meaningless numbers (big numbers in meaningless games) and by just not having his head in the game. Being passive and not caring.

It was enough for me when he was more worried about his contract than playing for a contender. He was asked about the trade and he said he doesn't think about it, his job is to play basketball and won't let trade speculation bother him. Yet he let it bother him that Magic might buy him out of his last year for those 4 million or something like that. THAT bothered him. Not being sent out to a team like, say, the Kings, Wizards or some bottom feeder. No. He just does not care about it. He could have said "No way! I want to be here, I want to win!", but no.

This would be worth the price of admission within itself!

Hedo finding himself again, along with an aggressive J Richardson and ............"I like this team"!!!

I want to see a healthy Ryan Anderson to stretch the florr, he can also get to the rim!!

We need a serious Back up Big......NOW!!!! :bigparty:

Be careful what you wish for. A serious big could cost us JJ, and I really want to see how he plays with Gilbert for awhile. How about a semi-serious big for Duhon or JWill plus Q?

I really like a second squad of Arenas, JJ, QRich, Anderson, and hopefully a new big. Arenas can create with the ball in his hands most of the possessions, but he still has plenty of shooters to kick out too. The only thing I worry about is Arenas trying to take to much control to the detriment of the team.