NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

First, If Otis goes for the one year rental....It would suggest to me that Franny Boy is in route to Amway!!!!!

Second, why has Fran "not" been included in anyone's conversation to this point? I mean I know he is despised on the board (to include me) but is has been stated that he is waiting for the Magic offer going into next season. So why not turn up the heat......there is a real need right now!!

Fran is trying to drain more money from the team he's with. He's pulled this same stunt before. Time to move on

I think Thompson or Maxiell would be good

I like Thompson.

Maxiell is:

a.) too short to play the 5. If we want a 6'7 or 6'8 guy playing center than we need to just stay with what we have and let Bass and Malik rotate in at the 5

b.) has a hefty contract that we'd have major issues matching. I'm not willing to give up 3 guys for 1 who will play spot minutes

c.) does not solve our size issues in the front court. We need another 7 footer

First, If Otis goes for the one year rental....It would suggest to me that Franny Boy is in route to Amway!!!!!

Second, why has Fran "not" been included in anyone's conversation to this point? I mean I know he is despised on the board (to include me) but is has been stated that he is waiting for the Magic offer going into next season. So why not turn up the heat......there is a real need right now!!

Its not possible to pull Fran out of his Euro deal and bring him here this season.

Next years looming lookout virtually assures he will never come to NBA...He's unlikely to come anyway, but he's certainly not going to sit around waiting for the lockout to end while a Euro deal is on the table. In addition, he's one of the two top players on his Euro powerhouse team, and they'll likely focus a ton of attention of him if Rubio leaves.

Its too bad Orton re-injured his knee. Its not much, but he did destroy Alabi in their D-League matchup.

I can agree, it was time to move on in 07 - 09 but the front office have kept this guy in play! Here is a prime example:

http://articles.orla...hington-wizards

I understand, you always have to be a little optimistic, but like I said, I think it's he and his agent trying to milk his current team for more money on his next contract.

Jesus...Christ.

I don't know, I think age is an issue in bringing him in. He can do some amazing things and would be a great locker room guy, but I'm not sure if we have enough to get him

So we can add another guy that doesn't play defense? The guy is a turd.

You act like we have the chips to land us an above average defender or something. Speight would be fine in a backup role. Plus, Otis was pretty high on him went he came out.

I laughed hysterically when I saw Kwame Brown on that list.

Do me a favor: Look at what we have that can realistically be dealt, look at all of the big men in the league who are worth anything, then let me know what you come up with. The theme here is that we have to settle for less in a backup center

Do me a favor: Look at what we have that can realistically be dealt, look at all of the big men in the league who are worth anything, then let me know what you come up with. The theme here is that we have to settle for less in a backup center

Its not that. Tts that its the last person I would find suitable for this team. Especially as a center. All the others you could mention but not Kwame Brown. I know our options our limited..but...never..never..Kwame Brown.

Why are people laughing at the thought of Kwame Brown again? We don't need a backup that provides scoring, we need one that will hold their own on the defensive end, and Kwame is supposedly (despite all his faults) a very good post defender. He's also on a fantastic contract that expires next season, though I doubt he'd ever look for more than his current market value, which is pretty much a vet min big.

• Upvote 1