NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Otis likes guards. Buh-bye, JJ and Duhon.

I'd rather have JJ than Mayo. . . Mayo has more potential but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be too thrilled about playing ~20mpg.

Haywood would be a nice backup, but he makes more than Gortat did....not sure how much huge salary Otis will eat long term.

Whoever proposed the J-Rich for Diaw and Diop trade should be punched in the face. J-Rich can't be traded until Feb. 18th, and if he does it has to be for a guy like Melo, Iggy, Gerald Wallace, etc.

'Checking the other boards, the jury is out on Thebeet, it appears that he is more than a project, many think he just offers 7'3" that may block 2.0 shots in 20-30 mins!!!! Wow Nelly!!!!! :pokewithstick:

Opps are we jumping the gun her???? Dan What do you know of this?

Memphis Grizz Link!! http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1076201

Hasheem Thabeet 4.7 + 5.1+ 6.4 +8.4 = 16.3 (last two years team option) Thabeet could be pretty good in the future at 7-3 260 he's got the size to defend the taller players ...but is Otis looking for a player who could potentially be good in a couple of years or someone who will help us this year vs Boston and LA...not sure Thabeet does that. He hasn't been able to earn much time on a terrible Memphis team in need of a back up big - very doubtful he is ready for KG and Shaq in the pressure of playoffs...I think as a future prospect in combination with a veteran big or another young legit rotation quality big then ok; but alone not now for this team we need someone who will come in play asap - no time for training wheels right now

Desagana Diop 28yr 7-0 300 terrible offensively but a big very good defender shot blocker (career defensive rating of 101 and this year 104) with a 3 yr 6/7/7 contract....don't love this but it is an option Orton/Duhon/Allen = Diop

Hollinger on Diop:

+ Big defensive center who can defend post, but nimble enough to help vs. guards.

+ Dreadful on offense -- no shooting range, hands or ball skills. Willing passer.

+ Horrific foul shooter (47.7 percent career). Solid rebounder.

Diop has his moments as a third center, but his offensive game has made him unplayable for any longer than a few possessions at a time. The Bobcats thought so little of him that he was inactive during the playoffs against Dwight Howard -- the one player he might have some use against.

Let me be the first to say HELL NO!

I have always liked Haywood. I think he is overpaid, but a lot big men are. What are the chances that we could see a line up where DH shifts down to 4 against bigger teams?

Hasheem Thabeet is to Manute Bol what Darko Milicic circa 2005 was to Mark Eaton.

What I'm trying to say here, is that that is a horrible comparison, and one that openly insults the late, great Manute Bol.

Bol is known as a shotblocker, but he was actually a very good overall defender.

Thabeet is tall, and nothing else.

No shot at Bol, just saying that Thabeet is very tall and can only blocks shots, pretty much all Bol could do. No offense whatsoever

Beet stinks right now. Huge project. Won't help in a title run this year, imo. Still pining for Varehair.

SoulBro...help me here, why do you think that AV and Dwight could exist on the same planet, let alone the same floor? LOL

Of course I agree that if it could work it would be what we need, but I can't see the long term gain $$ wise or chemistry either?

SoulBro...help me here, why do you think that AV and Dwight could exist on the same planet, let alone the same floor? LOL

Of course I agree that if it could work it would be what we need, but I can't see the long term gain $$ wise or chemistry either?

Agreed. Have we all forgotten that Dwight and Varejao come pretty close to an all-out brawl almost every time they face each other? I can't imagine Dwight would have chemistry issues with VC and Pietrus, who admittedly had their faults but personality-wise weren't a huge problem, but would be fine with Varejao, who exudes douchebaggery in every way...

• Upvote 1