Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

How are you feeling about the return of Hedo ????

I never really missed him, but I'm glad he's back, primarily for his passing to Dwight.

More than anything I've loved listening to his interviews and the saying "I know what can I do". Awesome.

• Upvote 1

Anybody with an opinion ???

By now its clear that If he can't get it done here, he might as well go play in Turkey full time.

I think he'll never get back to his near (should of been) All Star, MIP year.. but he can repeat his year from when we made the Finals. If he could just get his shooting percentage back up over 40, he'd be dangerous and the Magic would be EXTREMELY tough. But as it is, he'll be solid enough I think.

That's on offense.. on defense, he's wowed me with the effort. Hope that continues when the "new wears off."

• Upvote 1

By now its clear that If he can't get it done here, he might as well go play in Turkey full time.

I think he'll never get back to his near (should of been) All Star, MIP year.. but he can repeat his year from when we made the Finals. If he could just get his shooting percentage back up over 40, he'd be dangerous and the Magic would be EXTREMELY tough. But as it is, he'll be solid enough I think.

That's on offense.. on defense, he's wowed me with the effort. Hope that continues when the "new wears off."

Turk did look great on the defensive efforts! And... he has sooo many more offensive weapons to work with! Dwight is not as turnover prone as he was, Meer can hit the open shot better, JJ and Bass have matured, throw in Arenas and JRich and IMO once these guys gel Miami, Boston, and LA have a game on their hands... just ask San Antonio.

As constructed we are a better team than the one that went to the finals... now of we can just trade some of our fluff for a serviceable big!!!

Hedo was the one player/contract of the four that i didn't like when the news came out (merely based on what i've seen from him, both in international competition and in the league over the past two years - of course I loved him when he was with us).

I'm not saying that he'll keep it up for four years, but what we've seen so far makes the trade freakishly right.

It's great to be watching [aside from his effort level, especially defensively, and his ability to create offense with the ball] his "ability" (more like "effect") of creating offense just by being on the court and making other guys (especially Dwight, who kinda fetishes him) more relaxed and better flowing.

Teammates trust him, and if he keeps it up and doesn't let them down (which isn't gonna be easy, he'll have to keep working) we'll see all the great things this Magic roster is capable of delivering.

GO (really, like "don't park at the three point corner") MAGIC :headbang:

Hedo will have a lesser role then before. We had him as a our primary scorer many nights in the past. He will not have to worry about that as much anymore and can just create. It looks like he will be a more effective player that can play this level for 2-3 more years.

If Hedo can produce 12 points and 7 assists a night and try on defense it will be HUGE, I like him in this role better now because we have true gritty scorers to cover his mistakes. And Dwight's stats should get a little bump from him

I'm happy to see him back. The way he defended Lebronze in during the conference finals two years ago made me a fan of Hedo. I don't think he recapture that year but if he can play like he played against the Spurs, I think the trade will work out.

I'm happy to see him back. The way he defended Lebronze in during the conference finals two years ago made me a fan of Hedo. I don't think he recapture that year but if he can play like he played against the Spurs, I think the trade will work out.

Seeing as Peaches took almost all of the defensive job of guarding LBJ.....

For my own, I always liked Turk, but personally wasn't really sad to see him leave. People here seem to really love there blue and white colored glasses when it comes to Hedo. All they remember is the awesome last second shots. But no one seems to remember the fact that the Magic would never have needed them if Hedo would have taken care of the damn ball earlier in the game. You think Vince took bad shots? Hedo was worse.

Peaches only played on LBJ when he replaced Lee

Turks block from behind on kobe in the finals was pretty special though. One of my favourite moments of that playoff run.

If Hedo can put in a good amount of effort on the defensive end, his size can make him a more than adequate defensive player.