Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

But to be cereal... the trade window is too long. Dec. 15th to Feb. 24th... that's like... many days. Should be just 5 minutes. 5 minutes of panic, chaos and tea. I can't stand the wait... Will we do something tomorrow.. or late February? Or nothing at all?

:panicworker:

• Orlando Magic

The Magic have reportedly kicked the tires on a Gilbert Arenas trade. Who knows which players might be included in any Orlando mega-deal?

A couple of names of to watch among Orlando’s offseason signees: Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson. Duhon’s poor shooting and surprisingly high turnover rate have resulted in some recent Jason Williams appearances as Jameer Nelson’s backup. Duhon is set to make a total of $14.25 million through 2013-14. That might be too much for Duhon on his own, but his salary could be useful for matching purposes in a larger trade.

The wing is crowded in Orlando, with Richardson, Vince Carter, Redick and Mickael Pietrus all fighting for minutes (and Rashard Lewis getting more time at small forward), and it wouldn’t shock me if the Magic somehow addressed the redundancy. Richardson has gone cold this season, but that figures to change, and he can be a bear in the post against smaller guys. He’s scheduled to be paid about $2.5 million per season over the next four years.

• Teams signed free agents presumably because they want those players. A bad first 30 games shouldn’t be enough in most cases to turn a team’s perception of a player on its head. J.J. Redick might be shooting 39 percent, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Orlando wants out of his three-year, $20 million deal (with the last season not guaranteed). He’s also a base-year compensation player, which makes him much trickier to move. And although ESPN’s Marc Stein reported over the weekend that Redick might be available, the chances that Orlando would move him him are slim.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2010/12/14/handful-of-free-agents-may-soon-be-shopped/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What's with all the Gilbert Arenas talk? I mean, like, IDK, oh em gee, how would that, like, even work in our, um, thing that we play with when we run up and down on that shiny wooden thing in that big place? Ya know, with all the sweaty dudes. There's like five of them. IDK, oh em gee.

The Magic will have the option to buyout Vince Carter's $18 million deal for the 2011-12 season for just $4 million by June 30, 2011.

Most expect Orlando to do so, but Carter, who is making $17.5 million this season, doesn't.

"I hope not," Carter said. "Of course, nobody wants to go through a lockout without a contact. So we'll kind of worry about that as we get down there."

Carter added that he's "not thinking" about whether he would want to return to the Magic next season for a lesser salary.

"I just play," he said of his contract. "I do what I need to do. I just play basketball and let the chips fall where they may."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/14/little-magic-for-high-priced-rashard-lewis/

DON'T YOU WORRY VINCE. WE WON'T. WE WON'T....

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

2j2w3t0.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Duhon's high Turnover/assist ratio stems from the fact that the same bounce passes he used to throw to a center with great hands (Lee) are now being dished to a center with stone hands (Gortat).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If we buy out his contract we are in a pretty rough spot. We don't have a trade asset to get Dwight some help, and we won't have anything but the MLE to offer to FAs. If Otis can't move him this year, you pretty much have to do it next year.

Duhon's high Turnover/assist ratio stems from the fact that the same bounce passes he used to through to a center with great hands (Lee) are now being dished to a center with stone hands (Gortat).

Wow, truth.

$10 says I bet you're right.

$10 says I bet that you bet that I am right

also, Doesn't looks like Billups would be part of the Melo trade..

AlexKennedyNBA: Chauncey Billups will miss tonight’s game against the Orlando Magic and is day-to-day with a partially torn ligament in his right wrist.

Or Otis will trade for gimpy Arenas and then Billups!!!