Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

Followup trade I would make:

link

Orlando get: Varejao and Iguadala

Cleveland get: L. Williams

Philadelphia get: J-Rich, Clark

Why for Orlando: We need a backup center which also rotates to the power forward position, Iggy is a no-brainer.

Why for Cleveland: They get a cheap solution for Mo Williams, whom they can trade right away. More playing time for JJ Hickson with the departure of Sideshow Bob.

Why for Philadelphia: Both J-Rich and Clark have 1 year remaining on their contract, they can shred a long term contract with Iggy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I Have Read That we are taking on MORE salary but in fact for now we just cut 4.5mil off the wage bill already.

Or am i wrong?

Could someone clear that up for me?

Thanks!!

At this point in time its all a waiting game to see who is delt for our new back up center. I would prefer to see Duhon go, but its not that easy.

Atm I see this being our starting lineup:

PG: Nelson

SG: J. Richardson

SF: Turkoglu

PF: Bass

C: Howard

I would think that Arenas would play a similar position to that of jamal crawford and jason terry and be our sixth man.

I really do not like acquiring Turkoglu, I hated him when he was here and I doubt he could change my mind on him.

I Have Read That we are taking on MORE salary but in fact for now we just cut 4.5mil off the wage bill already.

Or am i wrong?

Could someone clear that up for me?

Thanks!!

We have a small cut in salary for this season, but we took on a ghastly large increase in long term salary.

Has anyone seen anything in print about Gilbert altering his contract? Hedo?

Well congrats we made "a" move. While I believe that we wouldn't have won a title with the existing personnel we are now in a position where if we don't win with what we have this is going to crash and burn the team. Turk chucking shots, Gilbert chucking shots I sure as hell hope that you guys are right and they suddenly decide to become different players than what they've been their entire careers.

Has anyone seen anything in print about Gilbert altering his contract? Hedo?

Well congrats we made "a" move. While I believe that we wouldn't have won a title with the existing personnel we are now in a position where if we don't win with what we have this is going to crash and burn the team. Turk chucking shots, Gilbert chucking shots I sure as hell hope that you guys are right and they suddenly decide to become different players than what they've been their entire careers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/419154-hedo-to-pheonix-do-the-raptors-get-the-better-end-of-the-deal

Turkoglu is reportedly taking a pay cut to facilitate this trade by waiving $5 million from his trade kicker and $6 million of his guaranteed money from his contract from the final year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/419154-hedo-to-pheonix-do-the-raptors-get-the-better-end-of-the-deal

Turkoglu is reportedly taking a pay cut to facilitate this trade by waiving $5 million from his trade kicker and $6 million of his guaranteed money from his contract from the final year.

Well that is a start. Gilbert is the one I'm really stressed about.

The way I read it, sounds like the 5 million he waived was money that Toronto didn't have to pay when they traded him to Phoenix, but the 6 million he waived for the final year of his contract should benefit us. Am I right?

It's amazing how a team can look so dominant at the beginning of the year only to then trade away half the team 2 months later.

Well Dwight, you got what you wanted. Sign that extension.

• Upvote 1

After doing a little more research, it appears that Hedo is owed 21.8 million for the next two seasons after this one, but his player option for the third year is for only 6 million instead of the 12 million that it was when he first signed the contract. Sounds like he really wanted to get out of Toronto.