Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

A few things about the contracts. Hedo is only guaranteed his through 2012. Its not as bad as you think. I believe something of the same may be up with Arenas contract also that makes it not fully guaranteed. I think Rashard still has the worst deal in the NBA plus we got a far more motivated player who is better.

As for defense. We are worried about losing Vince and Shard defensively? No. Pietrus and Gortat yes.

The magic are going to go bigger now and shore up the inside. This is something they can do with Bass starting now. Hedo will be a better defender of SFs than Shard.

If they can get one more big who is good enough to get minutes at both PF and C, they could have a lethal frontcourt that can battle Boston. If they have that, than they have a guy in Gil who can hassle Rondo a little with his size and score on him a lot easier than Jameer can.

Once again, J Rich is going to be a beast here. He is taylor made to play the wings for us.

I am personally excited. How can you not be to see such a talent upgrade?

He seems like he is really excited to be here. I'm starting to get a better feeling about all of this, especially with him. I can envision GA coming in motivated to prove to his father figure aka Otis, that he still has it night in and night out. So, there is going to be a transition time in the next couple of weeks as guys are getting used to one another, but I think things will probably start to gel going into the All-Star Break.

Excited to see what this team will look like!

:happypuppy:

So at this point, I think we need a good wing defender and/or player who can play minutes at the 4/5.

Anyone have any realistic ideas? I guess our pieces are JJ, Q, Duhon, Ryan?, maybe Meer if we decide to hand the keys to Arenas, J-Rich expirer if something big comes along.

• Downvote 1

Guys..my source was very close to nailing this trade at 1am last night and I have heard more.

The Magic are not done. They intend to trade JJ/Jwill/Ryan Anderson Qrich or Duhon for another big.

Sorry that's so vague, but the main point is that the team is not done, and plans to get bigger with most likely JJ as a trade centerpiece.

well, I may be wrong, but it seems like JJ has like a trade restriction or something. Similar to that of Gortat's.

There are plenty of things to hate about this, but whatever. I'm just going to hope for the best. Let's get it done Hibatchi, JRich and Turkoflu.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Something a little interesting I realized while looking at our roster from the 2009 NBA Finals. In the year and a half since then, Otis gotten rid of every player on that roster except for Dwight, Jameer, and JJ. Crazy how much we've shaken things around in such a short period of time.