Sign in to follow this  
magicLA

Duhon at SG

How did you get such information??? How are you able to quote previous posts of mine??? What is this technology???

highlight the text you want to copy

copy text

paste text in the reply

then use the quote function

it says "quote" not the original authors name at header but works good to organize the post so its more legible

or

I haven't tried it yet but I think you can also click on the post number (small blue number on the right hand side of each post) and you might be able to use that also

highlight the text you want to copy

copy text

paste text in the reply

then use the quote function

it says "quote" not the original authors name at header but works good to organize the post so its more legible

or

I haven't tried it yet but I think you can also click on the post number (small blue number on the right hand side of each post) and you might be able to use that also

whats highlight ??

If you make a smart ass remark expect a smart ass response. At no point in my original post did I point you or anyone out - it was you that made a smart ass remark to a legitimate question.

"Anyone else wish we could have got a look at Duhon at SG for a few minutes...JWill went all Barnes on us and got kicked out before we could see it but I'm curious to see if him and JWill or Meer could play together when were having trouble with ball movement and scoring seizing up."

and out of the blue you make a smart ass remark - no comment as to why Duhon wouldn't work or even an opinion just a smart ass coment: "Awesome thread. Mainly because of the posts that will come after mine."

and now your crying for others to finish for you what you started...you are my hero

wtf are you talking about? Who are others? What did I start that needs to be finished?

And basically my first post was saying that this thread would be awesome because I knew a couple of forum fights would erupt (like this one), since you made it.

Anyway, I'm not going to belittle myself in order to insult you. Have a nice day, hopefully you get some good Black Friday deals.

• Downvote 1

I actually found JVG or was that Mark Jackson's remark on the game saying thay Duhon is actually a better defender against 2 guards than the point guards because Duhon isn't as quick as you would think he is.

He might make a better SG than PG, but he's still pretty awful.

Putting Doo Doo in the SG rotation is unnecessary on this team and Imo, a waste of time to experiment with.

The only time you'll see him there is in the unusual circumstance where Nelson is unavailable along with one of our SG's (as was the case in Wednesday's game).

I think the only time we could see Duhon play meaningful minutes at the 2 guard is if the other team is playing a undersized guard at the 2. I could see Stan bringing in Duhon to guard Jason Terry or Nate Robinson. Otherwise, we really do have better options at shooting guard.

Also, I find it hilarious that MagicLa attacks KITNO when Killing was one of the few guys in this thread that gave him a serious response to his question.

Why the hell would we try this when scoring is not working? This would make our offense WORSE.

No not scoring - ball movement when the opposing team has active perimeter defenders that are clogging the passing lanes into Dwight - which = efficient scoring.

I believe that is why SVG went with Duhon and JWill (even though he had JJ, Pietrus and Q available) because the Magic could not get an entry pass past Wade and Lebron. In fact, JVG and Mark Jackson were saying that Dwight had been wide open several times down low but that nobody was able to make the pass - and they said it was a play that a pro NBA player needed to be able to make. Yes its ESPN announcers but I also saw that and was thinking that without 2 legitimate ball distributors on the court the offense just seizes up.

Normally we have VC, but with his health issues I think it would be beneficial for the Magic to work on a lineup that would help for exactly those types of situation where VC is down and we are playing against such a team. In other words the playoffs as Boston, LA and Miami have those types of perimeter defenders - and we all know what happens to VC when he is faced with that kind of pressure. That is the one key role that Barnes played that we do not have anymore - we just do not have a good post entry passer after VC - the only other players that can make that pass are our point guards.

That lineup would also be beneficial for late game inbounding - do we really want Pietrus inbounding the ball ever again?

I am no fan of Duhon so far, but at the same time I know that he is adjusting to a brand new offense (at the most difficult position to do that in at point guard) and his shooting pct is way below his career % so i think as the season progresses and he gets more comfortable those stats will level out to norm. JWill last year came in already having played with SVG.