Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jeff Van Gundy/ Marc Jackson debate on TV last night...

Both are morons. Dwight has always worked on his game and it's not Hakeem that "taught him moves", Dwight was there for 3 damn days. Dwight's offensive growth has been possible because of him maturing as a player and getting more touches.

As far as this team winning, as long as Howard's the constant, all we need is Jameer/Shard, Jameer/Carter, Carter/Shard to do well. Maybe even just one of them as long as the other two aren't awful and the other one is having a great game. This team showed in the Boston series that it can win without all four players "clicking on all cylinders". In fact, Carter was downright bad in both of those wins.

People claiming we got "demolished" by Boston forget the 1st game was a one possession game and the second game was a two possession game. Game 3 was just an embarrassment but more-so an outlier (like the Cavs giving Boston their worst playoff loss ever in the 2nd round).

We weren't as far as most people believe. Three possessions could've changed that series drastically.

• Upvote 1

JVG has no credability with me, and I would not listen to his opinions on anything. I feel bad for SVG to have such a brother. JVG said last year that we could not beat Bobcats in the playoffs, so no, I do not listen to him. I watched the game on FSN to avoid listening to those idiots.

I like that we're still not in the discussion with Miami despite us being 10-4 and them being 8-7 and on a three game losing streak. I guess records don't even apply anymore when it comes to ESPN.

It's early. None of the early contenders are out of it yet. We are three games ahead with 68 to go. Relax with your indignation.

Both are morons. Dwight has always worked on his game and it's not Hakeem that "taught him moves", Dwight was there for 3 damn days. Dwight's offensive growth has been possible because of him maturing as a player and getting more touches.

As far as this team winning, as long as Howard's the constant, all we need is Jameer/Shard, Jameer/Carter, Carter/Shard to do well. Maybe even just one of them as long as the other two aren't awful and the other one is having a great game. This team showed in the Boston series that it can win without all four players "clicking on all cylinders". In fact, Carter was downright bad in both of those wins.

People claiming we got "demolished" by Boston forget the 1st game was a one possession game and the second game was a two possession game. Game 3 was just an embarrassment but more-so an outlier (like the Cavs giving Boston their worst playoff loss ever in the 2nd round).

We weren't as far as most people believe. Three possessions could've changed that series drastically.

Truth.

I like that we're still not in the discussion with Miami despite us being 10-4 and them being 8-7 and on a three game losing streak. I guess records don't even apply anymore when it comes to ESPN.

Agreed. While I think it's too early to count either team out, we have certainly looked better than Miami so far.

Wasn't this discussed on this forum after the 1st Heat game?

JVG has a very valid point, but it's over the top to completely dismiss Orlando as a contender. Jackson is right, Orlando isn't the favorite, but they are in the discussion.

I'm anxious to see this team play Boston. The entire dynamic of that matchup changes if Orlando plays big.

My opinion is same as first thread...Orlando is capable of beating any team in a series not named Lakers. If somebody else upset LA, Orlando could very well become the favorites depending on what they look like vs. Boston this season.

These guys. First off, they really should get off Dwight on his offensive game. They've been rambling about Dwight an offensive post game for 4 years. This isn't nothing new and now they suddenly believe Hakeem is responsible for Dwight's new found abilities. This alone shows how much they watch the Magic.

I do know the players read the message boards because I've noticed a change in a certain someones play. I hope you keep up the good work Jameer.

It's early. None of the early contenders are out of it yet. We are three games ahead with 68 to go. Relax with your indignation.

I'm not talking about the rest of the games we have to go. I'm speaking about right now. Whose better right now? Miami or Orlando? That is the thing right there. We won't get credit for being good right now just as San Antonio, LA, and N.O. isn't. The "analysts" are only going to speak about a team that is playing at horribly to their expectations and not the teams that are playing AT their expectations. Why don't they talk about the Indiana Pacers then. ****. They could be a better team. Oh wait. They don't have Wade, Bosh, and Lebron. Not interested.

Even as I currently type right now, they are talking about the Heat on TNT in a game in which they aren't even playing. There not talking about the hot Spurs, the freaking 2 time champions Spurs, and the surprisingly good N.O. Hornets. I mean..****...do they know there's other teams in the freaking league. -sigh- Woosah

No, they ARE the keys. If VC and Shard play well in the playoffs in every round, the Magic would win it all.

So Dwight, JJ, Nelson can all have bad nights and contribute nothing to the team but the Magic would still win because VC and Shard will do all the work?

You've obviously never played basketball. Despite the thinking in Miami and a lot of other people in the basketball world...basketball is a team game. The reason the Pistons were so dominant several years ago wasn't because they had that one all-star stud they went to every night, no it was because they played as a team. B. Wallace, R. Wallace, Price, Hamilton, Billups, Bench players - all of them understood their role on that team and executed it well and everyone gave it 100% every night, that is why they won.

If the Magic have a chance at winning a championship its because they'll give it a team effort and nothing else. No one is the key to them winning the 'ship, its them working as a team.

Put me on the JVG wagon....and I've been sayin' it since last year....even when our team was rollin' in February and March....and nothing has happened to change my mind.

Beating the Heat was great....but let's be honest....These are facts:

1.) The Heat were down 2 rotation guys (Haslem & Miller)

2.) Bosh was having back spasms during the game and had to leave for treatments...to his credit he returned but you could tell he wasn't 100%.

3.) Wade was having injury issues with his elbow....He won't continue to shoot that poorly.

4.) Eric Dampier was availible but not used because of his lack of knowledge of the system

Now, we didn't have Carter...that is fact....but if both teams are healthy I don't see us getting past them in the playoffs.

The Heat can go big....letting Wade guard Nelson and adding Miller to the equation....I'd like Miami's chances if this were to occur....I mean, you guys do realize Eddie House was guarding Jameer in crunch time?.....Eddie House is a role playing designated shooter.....To Jameer's credit he did what he was supposed to do....ate him up!

We haven't seen the Celtics yet but I don't like our chances against them....Rondo can neutralize Nelson and Lord knows they've got enough big guys to throw at Dwight.

The Lakers....nuff said!....The defending champs....look like the strongest team right now....especially with the addition of *cough* *cough*...Matt Barnes.

The Spurs already beat us....their backcourt ate us alive (Parker and Ginobli).

And don't look now but the Bulls are starting to look pretty formidable....and they haven't added Boozer to the mix yet but will do so soon....they are ranked ahead of us on Hollinger's rankings and the Playoff Odds too....And yes, there strongest player is a PG (Rose)....Nelson will have his hands full trying to contain that guy!

So yeah, color me not convinced....especially when our top wins so far this year is over the Hawks and a reeling, injured Miami Heat team.

If it's possible please make a trade Otis....we cannot win a championship as currently constructed.

p.s. To those that are responding please stop avoiding the question, lol....

Put me on the JVG wagon....and I've been sayin' it since last year....even when our team was rollin' in February and March....and nothing has happened to change my mind.

Beating the Heat was great....but let's be honest....These are facts:

1.) The Heat were down 2 rotation guys (Haslem & Miller)

2.) Bosh was having back spasms during the game and had to leave for treatments...to his credit he returned but you could tell he wasn't 100%.

3.) Wade was having injury issues with his elbow....He won't continue to shoot that poorly.

4.) Eric Dampier was availible but not used because of his lack of knowledge of the system

Now, we didn't have Carter...that is fact....but if both teams are healthy I don't see us getting past them in the playoffs.

The Heat can go big....letting Wade guard Nelson and adding Miller to the equation....I'd like Miami's chances if this were to occur....I mean, you guys do realize Eddie House was guarding Jameer in crunch time?.....Eddie House is a role playing designated shooter.....To Jameer's credit he did what he was supposed to do....ate him up!

We haven't seen the Celtics yet but I don't like our chances against them....Rondo can neutralize Nelson and Lord knows they've got enough big guys to throw at Dwight.

The Lakers....nuff said!....The defending champs....look like the strongest team right now....especially with the addition of *cough* *cough*...Matt Barnes.

The Spurs already beat us....their backcourt ate us alive (Parker and Ginobli).

And don't look now but the Bulls are starting to look pretty formidable....and they haven't added Boozer to the mix yet but will do so soon....they are ranked ahead of us on Hollinger's rankings and the Playoff Odds too....And yes, there strongest player is a PG (Rose)....Nelson will have his hands full trying to contain that guy!

So yeah, color me not convinced....especially when our top wins so far this year is over the Hawks and a reeling, injured Miami Heat team.

If it's possible please make a trade Otis....we cannot win a championship as currently constructed.

p.s. To those that are responding please stop avoiding the question, lol....

True that, I still think we're still only as good as last year. ECF. But in order for us the make it to the championship and win it, I still think we need changes to make it work.

And obviously, one of the factor, is still the go-to guy during clutch time. This team doesn't have that closer to take us over the hump.

Funny, Junkie, you are ready to make excuses for other teams, so long as they let you try to take the Magic down a peg. Let me ask you this, if Lewis isn't sick in the ECF's last season, and we win over Boston, are you ranting about how badly this team needs a trade after?

The Heat can not go big. They can have big guards, but they still can't match our size and ability at the PF and Center positions, even with Dampier in the lineup. All he is good for is injuring Nelson for the rest of the season.

The Lakers look good because they are a good team, Matt Barnes isn't a big addition for them. Yes, he had one spectacular offensive game, but their current level of play is hardly to his credit. It's because of Gasol playing his best ball, maybe ever, and Kobe, and a solid core of guys who have been together for quite a while now and play in a great system for their talent.

Boston has a TON of bigs to throw at Dwight, and that SHOULD be a concern, if for no other reason than it means they have a lot of fouls to use against him, but they have yet to have them all healthy at one time. If they want to use their bigs to try to get Dwight into foul trouble, go for it, because it would only help our cause if they want to start running their offense through the O'Neals.

The Spurs beat us. In one game. Where they shot a ridiculous percentage from behind the arc. And the game was back and forth, tightly contested the entire time. If you can watch that game and see it as a fault against the Magic, and not see it for the great game that it was, well, then I would suggest you are simply looking for reasons to knock the team instead of honestly viewing the game without an agenda.

There are several people here who think we can win a championship as currently constructed and it won't even take EVERYONE showing up for every game. It's really going to take Dwight, and two others. So long as two of Carter, Lewis, and Nelson step in in the playoffs (and generally it's what Nelson does so you're really talking about Lewis/Carter), we have a pretty good shot.

Finally, to your last sentence, you are the LAST person on these forums that should say anything about ANYONE "avoiding the question". It's been your standard operating procedure for the better part of two years now.

• Upvote 2