VCplusD12

The Official MMA Thread

Yeah I just never understand why after months of hard training added to the fact the Carwin has some crazy knockout power that he would just lay down in the final minutes. He didn't even try.

Yeah I just never understand why after months of hard training added to the fact the Carwin has some crazy knockout power that he would just lay down in the final minutes. He didn't even try.

It probably had something to do with his nose being broken and blood running into his eyes. It's hard to fight when you can't breathe or see.

It probably had something to do with his nose being broken and blood running into his eyes. It's hard to fight when you can't breathe or see.

Its not like he stopped striking though, just went back to his technical style. Carwin gave JDS way too much space, he should of just fought aggressive instead of trying to change it up from his normal (and effective) style that almost TKO'd Lesnar.

Anyone watching

kTlX3.jpg

Tonight on Showtime? Undercard is on HDnet if you have it.

Yeah, I'm watching.

I get the UFC PPVs for free on TV here in Portugal but I have to watch Strikeforce on a ****ty stream

Its not like he stopped striking though, just went back to his technical style. Carwin gave JDS way too much space, he should of just fought aggressive instead of trying to change it up from his normal (and effective) style that almost TKO'd Lesnar.

Anyone watching

kTlX3.jpg

Tonight on Showtime? Undercard is on HDnet if you have it.

Carwin had to give Junior space though because if he didn't, he would have been KO'd by a much superior striker. The reason he was able to get away with a more aggressive style against Lesnar was because he wasn't worried about Lesnar hurting him in the stand up. The one thing I will say is that Carwin probably should have tried to look for ways to get in close to Junior where he could have used his stronger body to his advantage....but again, that's easier said than done against probably the best boxer in the heavyweight division.

Carwin had to give Junior space though because if he didn't, he would have been KO'd by a much superior striker. The reason he was able to get away with a more aggressive style against Lesnar was because he wasn't worried about Lesnar hurting him in the stand up. The one thing I will say is that Carwin probably should have tried to look for ways to get in close to Junior where he could have used his stronger body to his advantage....but again, that's easier said than done against probably the best boxer in the heavyweight division.

True that, although the few times in the fight were Carwin got close he did some pretty good damage. I remember him getting junior against the fence and almost rocking him with a few good blows. He should of tried something though, his gameplan was pretty awful.

Also anyone who missed the Overeem-Werdum fight, this gif summarizes the event:

nf4cbo.gif

Heavyweight GP is pretty disappointing so far.

Also don't forget UFC on Versus this sunday Marqaurdt vs. Story