VCplusD12

The Official MMA Thread

Nick Diaz has been beating up on lesser opponents, and now he gets a shot at arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world. It's outrageous. AT the very least, he should have to beat at least one top tier UFC welterweight before getting a shot. Throw him in there with Koscheck, Fitch, Penn, Alves or Conduit...not GSP. The matchmaking in the UFC is starting to annoy me.

Nick Diaz has been beating up on lesser opponents, and now he gets a shot at arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world. It's outrageous. AT the very least, he should have to beat at least one top tier UFC welterweight before getting a shot. Throw him in there with Koscheck, Fitch, Penn, Alves or Conduit...not GSP. The matchmaking in the UFC is starting to annoy me.

Nick Diaz will be the biggest challenge to Safe Pierre since Matt Serra, styles make fights and my guts tell me Diaz will beat GSP and lose his first defence against a boring wrestler like Fitch or Koscheck.

WRITE MY WORDS

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

There is no question as to whether or not Diaz will win that fight. Let Xenu spoil the fight for you: he won't.

The only question is whether or not St. Pierre wins every round, or if Diaz steals one.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Nick Diaz will be the biggest challenge to Safe Pierre since Matt Serra, styles make fights and my guts tell me Diaz will beat GSP and lose his first defence against a boring wrestler like Fitch or Koscheck.

WRITE MY WORDS

GSP's a better wrestler than both of those guys. He also game plans better than anyone in MMA imo, and I think he'll frustrate the hell out of Diaz to the point where Diaz will start acting like a retard like he always does and start making mistakes. I don't even know if Diaz would win a round.

And everyone GSP has fought since Serra has been better than Serra by a large margin, with the exception of Dan Hardy. I think GSP's next fight should have been Fitch again, but this is what has been decided. This will definitely get more PPV buys, and that seems to be the prevailing wisdom these days. Dana White is starting to take to heart everyone calling Fitch boring, and I think that's bullsh1t.

I hope you're all around in December.. GSP isn't the same guy he was some years ago, the only way he wins is by hugging Diaz for 5 rounds. I don't call that fighting, Anderson Silva is the number 1 p4p and GSP isn't even close, that's why he's so scared to move up and fight Silva.

I hope you're all around in December.. GSP isn't the same guy he was some years ago, the only way he wins is by hugging Diaz for 5 rounds. I don't call that fighting, Anderson Silva is the number 1 p4p and GSP isn't even close, that's why he's so scared to move up and fight Silva.

1. GSP is still right in the middle of his prime.

2. He only lost a couple of rounds to Shields because he only had one eye.

3. Grappling, wrestling, jiu-jitsu, and submissions are all very much a part of fighting. You're in the "boring" crowd that I can't stand.

4. Which top tier fighter has Nick Diaz beaten in the past three years? He was dropped twice by Daley for christ sakes, and Daley is nothing more than a slugger. If he knew what to do once Diaz went down, he would have won the fight. I mean, the dude was dominated by Koscheck, then thrown out of the UFC for being an idiot who likes to sucker punch people after the fight is over.

5. I wouldn't want to fight Silva either. He's much bigger than GSP, and could easily knock him out if it didn't get to the ground. Silva's so big in fact, I think he could beat most heavyweights in the UFC. He would only struggle against guys like Lesnar who could get him down and use much superior strength and size to ground and pound.

I still think Bones vs Silva is the better match up. They're closer size wise then GSP and Silva.

GSP drops a couple rounds to a fighter who'd been previously undefeated for several years because he could only see out of one eye, after not losing a round in more than 4 years while fighting every major challenger his division, and now he's past his prime because he doesn't want to fight a guy who walks around 25lbs heavier than he is.

This is why Teegeeack will never be free of its Thetan chains.

*******END TRANSMISSION******

Double standards, GSP is also way bigger than BJ Penn who's a lightweight but should get a lot of credit because he stepped up to fight Lyoto Machida at Heavyweight! GSP is not afraid to brag about those fights

Anyway, Daley was knocking dudes out in the UFC left and right, and has amazing stand-up. Stopped Martin Kampmann and only lost to Koscheck via Lay N Pray, hugging, stalling, whatever you want to call it (GSP's favourite technique).

Nick Diaz isn't scared of fighting and instead of running from the opponent's strengths he faces them and beats them that way! If GSP stood with Daley he would get knocked the ***** out, he got tagged by Shields some times for God's sake!

GSP used to be good and exciting, but since Serra TKO'd him he started fighting with fear and that's not the way to beat Nick Diaz.

GSP hasn't got the killer instinct anymore, just look at the Hardy fight.

GSP does a lot more than Lay N' Pray, you're acting like he's Chael Sonnen.

He does Lay N Pray on strikers and Jab and Run on wrestlers

Don't get me wrong, GSP is a pretty cool guy and intelligent off the cage, but he's too afraid of taking risks.. He's been very successful against people that also weren't willing to take risks

Alves is too big for WW and gassed easily during the fight

Hardy had zero takedown defense and was just surviving, didn't throw a punch

Koscheck had a bigger mouth than talent and will to back his words, didn't throw a punch

Shields has always had horrible stand-up and was afraid to get KTFO, didn't throw a real punch/knee or something to hurt GSP

Diaz is fearless and has VERY good stand-up and BJJ, his TDD is weak but he's able on his back.

This fight is a 50-50 in my opinion

but he's too afraid of taking risks..

Why would he take a clearly unnecessary risk during a fight he's dominating?

His job is to win the fight, not entertain you. This is a real fight; it's not staged like pro wrestling or soccer.

Though Xenu must give you credit for the "he will plan and strategize to avoid his opponents' strengths, that's why he sucks!" argument, if only because it's the most baffling argument Lord Xenu could imagine.

*******END TRANSMISSION******