VCplusD12

The Official MMA Thread

As to Silva's future fights, I think Silva beats GSP, Jones beats Silva.

I agree if they happen, but I don't know if they will ^

And Silva will have his hands full with Chris Weidman in July

As to Silva's future fights, I think Silva beats GSP, Jones beats Silva.

Agree. Silva is just too big for GSP.

And also hits too hard, GSP was stunned by Diaz and nearly finished by Condit. Anderson also defends takedowns better than those 2. I know what I'm doing is MMA Math and it doesn't always work, but Silva would probably finish St-Pierre

Just way too much length. I don't think GSP could get inside Silva, whereas Silva will gladly just strike from a distance.

That was pretty flukey. When you showboat and diss your opponent with your hands down like Silva was doing, you're begging to get caught. I knew his boredom would catch up to him eventually.

That was pretty flukey. When you showboat and diss your opponent with your hands down like Silva was doing, you're begging to get caught. I knew his boredom would catch up to him eventually.

The thing is, he does that almost every fight. Weidman is not Stephan Bonnar, Yushin Okami or Demian Maia. Anderson learned that the hard way

The thing is, he does that almost every fight. Weidman is not Stephan Bonnar, Yushin Okami or Demian Maia. Anderson learned that the hard way

He's only done it to that extent a few times, twice being in fights he didn't try at all. He came in with the same attitude he did against Maia/Cote and paid for it. Weidman isn't as good as people were making him out to be before the fight, and he's certainly in line to be annoyingly overrated now.

The speed difference was pretty apparent. It's a shame Silva had to act like a dick and get caught, because that now gives people license to question his legacy like buffoons. I have to believe a motivated Anderson Silva walks through Weidman.

Shouldn't not taking his opponents seriously be considered when talking about Silva's legacy? I think he's probably the greatest fighter in MMA history but the fact that he lost this fight due to showboating and the several no shows that he has had in other fights does tarnish his achievements just slightly.

It's also possible that age is finally catching up to Anderson Silva. I remember when Roy Jones Jr used to fight with his hands at his side all the time. No one could hit him until someone finally did. Then he got hit a lot.

It's also possible that age is finally catching up to Anderson Silva. I remember when Roy Jones Jr used to fight with his hands at his side all the time. No one could hit him until someone finally did. Then he got hit a lot.

That, and getting KO'd for the first time can mess with your brains. I think Weidman will have the confidence edge in the rematch and that could make him win again

I didn't see any discernible skill drop from Silva in that fight. He was much faster than Weidman, he just didn't use that speed difference to attack. Instead, he opted to dare Weidman to punch him in the face, and that dare was answered. If Anderson approached the Henderson and Belfort fight the same way, he might've been knocked out in those fights as well. He was all business in those fights, and he finished the job early.

I think the Henderson fight would've mirrored this one had Anderson stopped showboating after the first round. His antics got Weidman to stand and fight in the second round, which should've propelled Silva to go to work.

Moral of the story: don't put your hands down and egg on a guy who can punch, especially when said guy is wearing 8 oz. gloves.