Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Hornet close to trading Peja & Bayless to the Raptors?

The New Orleans Hornets and Toronto Raptors are in serious discussions on a five-player trade that would send Peja Stojakovic and Jerryd Bayless to the Raptors for Jarrett Jack, David Andersen and Marcus Banks, a source told ESPN.com Saturday.

The deal was close to being completed Friday night, but was held up over the amount of cash the Hornets would send to the Raptors in the trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5828835

I think the Hornets should be able to get a better deal than that.

If I was them, I would wait until close to the deadline and offer that deal with Thornton to the Sixers for Iggy and fillers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5828835

I think the Hornets should be able to get a better deal than that.

If I was them, I would wait until close to the deadline and offer that deal with Thornton to the Sixers for Iggy and fillers.

So they are trading that huge, valuable contract and Bayless for 2 scrubs and a back up PG?

I hear it is because CP3 is BFF with Jack...

TOR agrees in principle to trade Jarrett Jack, David Andersen and Marcus Banks to NO for Peja Stojakovic and Jerryd Bayless, source tells Y!

No draft picks involved. NO gets backup PG they've coveted behind Chris Paul. Raptors have been wanting to move either PG Jack or Calderon.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Making any move they can to make CP3 happy, even if they are the wrong ones.

I would not jump on them just yet.

Hey they traded collison, a PG on a rookie scale contract who has massive upside.. for Ariza... I thought that was a terrible trade.. and look at them, they have lost only 1 game!

So before anyone makes assumptions on whether this is a good or bad trade wait and see how Hornets perform with this move.

I would not jump on them just yet.

Hey they traded collison, a PG on a rookie scale contract who has massive upside.. for Ariza... I thought that was a terrible trade.. and look at them, they have lost only 1 game!

So before anyone makes assumptions on whether this is a good or bad trade wait and see how Hornets perform with this move.

Their fine short term moves and certainly help in the regular season. But they have done nothing to help the true weakness of that team, which will be its Achilles heel come playoff time.

They have no size. Behind West and Okafor (who isn't really a Center anyway) the Hornets have arguably the worst front court depth in the entire league. They need size and they need it badly if they want to even compete against the likes of Dallas, San Antonio, and LA, let alone actually win.

• Upvote 1

My thoughts on this:

1) The Hornets could get a better deal, but Jack is a stud, always loved his game and would be an excellent backup for CP3

2) Toronto could be a SCARY team when hot, Bargs and Peja could shoot lights out together with Calderon setting them up

3) I think the Hornets have a weak frontcourt but Miami's is worse, IMO.